This quick and easy casserole is a popular family food. You can also make it with ground turkey or diced chicken. For a vegetarian meal, replace the beef with kidney beans or pinto beans, and add chopped vegetables such as mushrooms, peppers, and onions.
Yield: 3 Servings, 2 tortillas each
|3/4 pound extra-lean ground beef (or ground turkey)|
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper as desired
1 to 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
6 6" flour or corn tortillas
Optional: 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese.
1. In a skillet, cook the beef (or turkey) until browned; drain the fat.
2. Stir in the cottage cheese and flour. Add the seasonings as desired.
3. Put a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9" x 9" baking pan.
4. Spoon out about 1/3 cup meat mixture onto each tortilla; roll up jelly roll style. Place the tortillas, seam down, into the spaghetti sauce in the baking pan.
5. Pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas.
6. Cover with foil; bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
7. If desired, uncover and sprinkle with mozzarella; bake for 3 to 5 minutes longer, or until cheese melts.
Total Calories: 1,500
Calories per serving: 200
Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook. (1997)
This Is Game Week: Ohio State vs. Penn State
M. Ice Hockey
No. 19 Ohio State Rallies for 5-4 Win at Bowling Green
Ohio State Beats Michigan on Nate Kohl's Double OT Goal
W. Ice Hockey
Kassidy Sauve Makes 55 Saves in 2-1 Loss to No. 2 Minnesota
Ohio State Blanks Indiana, 1-0
W. Ice Hockey
Ohio State Falls to No. 2 Minnesota, 3-2