This quick and easy casserole is a popular family food. You can also make it with ground turkey or diced chicken. For a vegetarian meal, replace the beef with kidney beans or pinto beans, and add chopped vegetables such as mushrooms, peppers, and onions.
Yield: 3 Servings, 2 tortillas each
|3/4 pound extra-lean ground beef (or ground turkey)|
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper as desired
1 to 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
6 6" flour or corn tortillas
Optional: 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese.
1. In a skillet, cook the beef (or turkey) until browned; drain the fat.
2. Stir in the cottage cheese and flour. Add the seasonings as desired.
3. Put a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9" x 9" baking pan.
4. Spoon out about 1/3 cup meat mixture onto each tortilla; roll up jelly roll style. Place the tortillas, seam down, into the spaghetti sauce in the baking pan.
5. Pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas.
6. Cover with foil; bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
7. If desired, uncover and sprinkle with mozzarella; bake for 3 to 5 minutes longer, or until cheese melts.
Total Calories: 1,500
Calories per serving: 200
Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook. (1997)
Ohio State Mourns Loss of Fikayo Idowu
Lindsey Clary Places 7th in 400 IM Final at Olympic Trials
Three Buckeyes Set to Represent Team USA the U-20 World Championships
Melton Finishes 12th at U.S. Olympic Trials
Melton, Wynn Complete Day One at Olympic Trials
Ohio State Swimmers Ready for Olympic Trials