PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS
Could be a nice treat for a quick dinner.
Yield: 2 Servings
|½ pound dry pasta such as ziti, penne, or shells|
1 10-ounce box frozen asparagus (spears or pieces), or 2/3 pound fresh asparagus
1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ pound cooked shrimp
1. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
2. While the pasta is cooking, cut the asparagus spears into 1" pieces.
3. Put the asparagus, garlic, (scallions), and water in a large nonstick skillet. Cover, bring to a boil, and then simmer over medium heat for about 4 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
4. Add the oil and shrimp (parsley, lemon juice); heat through.
5. Add the drained pasta; toss well.
Total Calories: 1,400
Calories Per Serving: 700
Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook. (1997)
Football Fall Focus Tweetcap
Season Tickets On Sale for Winter Sports
TBT: Buckeyes in the Olympics
Matta Adds Alan Major to Ohio State Basketball Support Staff
Reminder: No Bag Policy in Place for ICC Soccer Match July 27
45 Days to Kick Off: Happy Archie Griffin Day!