PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS
Could be a nice treat for a quick dinner.
Yield: 2 Servings
|½ pound dry pasta such as ziti, penne, or shells|
1 10-ounce box frozen asparagus (spears or pieces), or 2/3 pound fresh asparagus
1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ pound cooked shrimp
1. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
2. While the pasta is cooking, cut the asparagus spears into 1" pieces.
3. Put the asparagus, garlic, (scallions), and water in a large nonstick skillet. Cover, bring to a boil, and then simmer over medium heat for about 4 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
4. Add the oil and shrimp (parsley, lemon juice); heat through.
5. Add the drained pasta; toss well.
Total Calories: 1,400
Calories Per Serving: 700
Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook. (1997)
Buckeyes in the NBA
Buckeye Best: Jan. 17 - Jan. 23
Dastrup Named Big Ten Gymnast of the Week
Buckeyes in the NFL - Conference Championships
OSU Sets Program Records at TCU
Buckeye Spotlight - Jaine VanPutten