LOW-FAT OATMEAL COOKIES
This recipe offers a low fat alternative to most cookies, which get 40 to 60 percent of their calories from fat. These have a soft, chewy texture. Yum!
Yield: 22 cookies
|2 tablespoons oil, preferably canola|
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg or 2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups uncooked oats
1 cup flour, preferably half white and half whole wheat
Optional: 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together the oil, applesauce, sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Beat well.
3. Add the soda, powder, oats, (and raisins); mix well, then gently stir in the flour.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet treated with cooking spray.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until firm when lightly tapped with a finger.
Total Calories: 2,000
Calories per cookie: 90
Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook. (1997)
Ohio State Ready for B1G Showdown vs. No. 8 Indiana
Sean Melton Named 2018 Nissen-Emery Award Winner
VIDEO: Matt "Rocky" Carpenter - The Journey to Hit No. 1
Big Ten Opponent Breakdown Set for 2018-19
Ohio State Paces the Country with Seven All-Academic Honorees
🏀 Ohio State Basketball Court Fan Vote 🏀