APPLE BROWN BETTY
This is sure to be a favorite.
Yield: 8 servings
|1/3 box (11 sheets) graham crackers|
1/4 cup margarine, melted
6 large apples, unpeeled
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
Optional: 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cloves, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 cup raisins or chopped nuts.
1. Crush the graham crackers into crumbs by placing them in a plastic bag and rolling them with a rolling pin or bottle.
2. In a bowl, combine the crumbs with melted margarine.
3. Put 1/3 of the mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish.
4. Core and slice the apples into thin wedges and put them into a bowl. Sprinkle the apple with sugar, cinnamon, and other spices as desired.
5. Put the apple slices into the baking dish; add ½ cup water then the rest of the graham cracker crumbs.
6. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes; uncover, then bake another 15 minutes to crispen.
Total calories: 2,500
Calories per serving: 310
Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook. (1997)
Buckeye Best: Nov. 28 - Dec. 4
Pletcher to Make Starting Debut on Thursday
M. Ice Hockey
Laczynski Named to Preliminary U.S. National Junior Team Roster
Owls on Deck for Buckeyes
Ohio State Earns College Football Playoff Berth
Di Lorenzo, Schaub and Team USA Win Master'U BNP Paribas Collegiate...