APPLE BROWN BETTY
This is sure to be a favorite.
Yield: 8 servings
|1/3 box (11 sheets) graham crackers|
1/4 cup margarine, melted
6 large apples, unpeeled
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
Optional: 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cloves, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 cup raisins or chopped nuts.
1. Crush the graham crackers into crumbs by placing them in a plastic bag and rolling them with a rolling pin or bottle.
2. In a bowl, combine the crumbs with melted margarine.
3. Put 1/3 of the mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish.
4. Core and slice the apples into thin wedges and put them into a bowl. Sprinkle the apple with sugar, cinnamon, and other spices as desired.
5. Put the apple slices into the baking dish; add ½ cup water then the rest of the graham cracker crumbs.
6. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes; uncover, then bake another 15 minutes to crispen.
Total calories: 2,500
Calories per serving: 310
Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook. (1997)
Football Fall Focus Tweetcap
Season Tickets On Sale for Winter Sports
TBT: Buckeyes in the Olympics
Matta Adds Alan Major to Ohio State Basketball Support Staff
Reminder: No Bag Policy in Place for ICC Soccer Match July 27
45 Days to Kick Off: Happy Archie Griffin Day!