Yuliya Maryanko placed second in solo.
March 24, 2013
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Tallying a total of 78 points, the Ohio State synchronized swimming team finished second in the finals competition of the 2013 U.S. Collegiate Championships Saturday in Palo Alto, Calif. Stanford, who hosted the event at the Avery Aquatic Center, was crowned the national champion with 97 points, while Lindenwood rounded out the Top 3 with 76 points. Stanford was the top performer in trio, duet and team routines en route to the victory.
The Buckeyes were awarded three silver medals in the event. Julia Gaylard notched a second-place finish in her B Figures routine Friday, while junior Yuliya Maryanko was awarded second-place in the solo competition Saturday with a score of 87.2375. The Scarlet Team, comprised of Chelsea Aton, Kayley Colville, Katie LaBounty, Maryanko, Lauren Nicholson, Paige Ramsey, Katie Spada and Khadija Zanotto, collected a silver medal with a score of 89.3625.
Lindenwood's Mary Killman, who was also the top performer in solo at North Regional Championships, earned the top solo performance with a score of 89.6500.
The Buckeye trio of Aton, Nicholson and Ramsey finished in fourth place with a score of 85.9625. Colville, Spada and Zanotto posted a score of 85.6500 to finish in sixth. Stanford's Morgan Fuller, Megan Hansley and Olivia Morgan won the trio event with a score of 89.3750.
Maryanko and Ramsey posted an 87.000 to finish in fourth place of the duet competition. Hansley and Morgan of Stanford earned a gold medal with a score of 89.7250.
The Gray Team, consisting of Isabella Conrad, J. Gaylard, Natalie Gaylard, Caitlin Hoffman, Kristine Irwin, Cory Justice, Heidi Liou and Jenny Mann were awarded an 85.8875 to place in sixth place. Behind a score of 91.0750, Stanford's Madison Crocker, Morgan Fuller, Leigh Haldeman, Maria Koroeva, Michelle Moore, Olivia Morgan, Evelyna Wang and Megan Hansley took the top spot in the team competition.
Ohio State will compete in its last event of the season in Greensboro, N.C., April 10.
2013 U.S. Collegiate National Championships
March 23, 2013
Avery Aquatic Center
Palo Alto, Calif.
Overall Team Totals (Top 5)
- Stanford University, 97.0
- Ohio State, 78.0
- Lindenwood, 76.0
- Canisius College, 65.0
- University of Incarnate Word, 64.5
Trio Finals (Top 6)
- Morgan Fuller, Megan Hansley, Olivia Morgan (Stanford), 89.3750
- Madison Crocker, Maria Koroleva, Michelle Moore (Stanford), 88.2875
- Reem Abdalazem, Anouk Eman, Mary Killman (Lindenwood), 88.2500
- Chelsea Aton, Lauren Nicholson, Paige Ramsey (Ohio State), 85.9625
- Brianna Andreychuk, Raosilyn Maye Tegart, Katy Wiita (Incarnate Word), 85.900
- Kayley Colville, Katie Spada, Khadija Zanotto (Ohio State), 85.6500
Duet Finals (Top 5)
- Megan Hansley, Olivia Morgan (Stanford), 89.7250
- Madison Crocker, Morgan Fuller (Stanford), 87.7625
- Reem Abdalazem, Anouk Eman (Lindenwood), 87.0625
- Yuliya Maryanko, Paige Ramsey (Ohio State), 87.000
- Victoria Mintz, Svetlana Ponkratova (Canisus), 85.8000
Solo Finals (Top 5)
- Mary Killman (Lindenwood), 89.6500
- Yuliya Maryanko (Ohio State), 87.2375
- Reem Abdalazem (Lindenwood), 86.0125
- Svetlana Ponkratova (Canisus), 85.8750
- Rosilyn Maye Tegart (Incarnate Word), 85.8750
Team Finals (Top 6)
- Madison Crocker, Morgan Fuller, Leigh Haldeman, Maria Koroeva, Michelle Moore, Olivia Morgan, Evelyna Wang, Megan Hansley (Stanford), 91.0750
- Chelsea Aton, Kayley Colville, Katie LaBounty, Yuliya Maryanko, Lauren Nicholson, Paige Ramsey, Katie Spada, Khadija Zanotto (Ohio State Scarlet), 89.3625
- Brianna Andreychuk, Sarah Coke, Alexandra Cox, Carolina Davidson, Madison Delgado, Rosilyn Maye Tegart, Carolyne Vasconcellos, Katy Wiita (Incarnate Word), 87.9000
- Anouk Eman, Daniela Garmendia, Kelli Gustafsson, Mary Killman, Simona Placha, Dennise Ramirez, Carmen Salazar, Hannah Sphatt (Lindenwood), 87.6625
- Melissa Andrews, Laina Gray, Morgan Lebrecht, Jessica Mancini, Victoria Mintz, Viktoria Mironova, Svetlana Ponkratova, Laura Schmidt (Canisius), 87.0125
- Isabella Conrad, Julia Gaylard, Natalie Gaylard, Caitlin Hoffman, Kristine Irwin, Cory Justice, Heidi Liou, Jenny Mann (Ohio State Gray), 85.8875
Hoying & Smith Nike Internship