Julia Gaylard captured second place in Technical B competition.
March 23, 2013
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Members of the Ohio State synchronized swimming team participated in Friday's events at the 2013 U.S. Collegiate Championships in Palo Alto, Calif., featuring technical routine competitions and team routines. Julia Gaylard claimed the first medal of the competition for the Buckeyes and each team routine qualified to compete in Saturday's finals.
J. Gaylard collected a silver medal in the Technical B competition after scoring a 67.139. Stanford's Evelyna Wang edged Gaylard by nearly .5 points to finish in first (67.634).
Three Buckeyes competed in the Technical A competition. Lindenwood's Mary Killman earned a gold-medal for her performance, leading all competitors with a score of 80.264. Paige Ramsey was the highest Ohio State performer with a score of 75.288 and finished in fourth place. Khadija Zanotto placed behind Ramsey in fifth place with a 73.922. Samantha Golomb totaled a 66.738 in her routine for seventh place.
No Buckeyes competed in Technical C or D competitions.
With a score of 90.300, the Scarlet Team, comprised of Chelsea Aton, Kayley Colville, Katie LaBounty, Yuliya Maryanko, Lauren Nicholson, Ramsey, Katie Spada, and Zanotto, placed second in the team routine semifinals. The Ohio State Gray Team, consisting of Isabella Conrad, J. Gaylard, Natalie Gaylard, Caitlin Hoffman, Kristine Irwin, Cory Justice, Heidi Liou, Jenny Mann, earned an 86.3750 for sixth place. Stanford's squad led all scorers the leaderboard with a 91.3750.
The Scarlet and Gray will vie for the fifth-consecutive U.S. Collegiate Championship in Saturday's finals. Based on results from Thursday and Friday, Ohio State has qualified to compete in duet, solo, trio and team routines in hopes of obtaining a gold medal.
To follow along with Saturday's final competition, a free live video stream is available at http://takeitlive.tv/livesynchro/ with results available at http://www.usasynchro.org/Events/champs12/2013_US_Collegiate_Championships.htm.
2013 U.S. Collegiate National Championships
March 22, 2013
Avery Aquatic Center
Palo Alto, Calif.
Technical A Results
- Mary Killman (Lindenwood), 80.264
- Olivia Morgan (Stanford), 79.569
- Madison Crocker (Stanford), 76.167
- Paige Ramsey (Ohio State), 75.288
- Khadija Zanotto (Ohio State), 73.922
- Carmen Salazar (Lindenwood), 72.855
- Samantha Golomb (Ohio State), 66.738
- Cheryl Cheah (Arizona), 66.154
Technical B Results
- Evelyna Wang (Stanford), 67.634
- Julia Gaylard (Ohio State), 67.139
- Alexandra Cox (Incarnate Word), 65.699
- Sarah Cooke (Incarnate Word), 64.157
- Leah Johnson (Incarnate Word), 63.025
Team Results (Top 6)
- Madison Crocker, Morgan Fuller, Leigh Haldeman, Maria Koroeva, Michelle Moore, Olivia Morgan, Evelyna Wang (Stanford), 91.3750
- Chelsea Aton, Kayley Colville, Katie LaBounty, Yuliya Maryanko, Lauren Nicholson, Paige Ramsey, Katie Spada, Khadija Zanotto (Ohio State Scarlet), 90.300
- Brianna Andreychuk, Sarah Cooke Alexandra Cox, Carolina Davidson, Madison Delgado, Rosilyn Maye Tegart, Carolyne Vasconcellos, Katy Wiita (Incarnate Word), 88.7875
- Anouk Eman, Daniela Garmendia, Kelli Gustafsson, Mary Killman, Simona Placha, Dennise Ramirez, Carmen Salazar, Hannah Sphatt (Lindenwood), 88.5375
- Melissa Andrews, Laina Gray, Morgan Lebrecht, Jessica Mancini, Victoria Mintz, Viktoria Mironova, Svetlana Ponkratova, Laura Schmidt (CCN), 87.1000
- Isabella Conrad, Julia Gaylard, Natalie Gaylard, Caitlin Hoffman, Kristine Irwin, Cory Justice, Heidi Liou, Jenny Mann (Ohio State Gray), 86.3750
Buckeyes Add Four From 2017 Class