Buckeyes Win Gold, Advance Teams to Finals at U.S. Collegiate Championships
March 21, 2014
- Draws and Results: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Synchronized-Swimming/Events/2014/March/19/2014-US-Collegiate-Nationals
- Live stream: http://takeitlive.tv/livesynchro/
- Schedule: http://go.osu.edu/2014synchschedule
COLUMBUS, Ohio– The Ohio State synchronized swimming team continued competition at the 2014 U.S. Collegiate Championships Friday at the Corwin M. Nixon Aquatic Center, earning two gold medals in the technical competition and advancing two teams to the finals. Freshman Emma Baranski and senior Julia Gaylard captured wins in Figures A and B, respectively, to earn the first medals for the Buckeyes.
With a score of 82.5260, Baranski captured the A figures competition crown. Senior Yuliya Maryanko earned third with a score of 80.8646, while freshman Elizabeth Davidson notched a 79.1094 to take fourth place.
Gaylard, who earned a silver medal in the event last year, clinched the B Figures title with a score of 69.0526. Freshman Alexa Aton tallied a score of 79.1094 to place third.
No Buckeyes competed in technical C or D competitions.
In the team semifinals, the Scarlet Team, comprised of Chelsea Aton, Baranski, Morgan Boneberg, Elizabeth Davidson, Lorraine Hack, Lauren Nicholson, Katie Spada and Khadija Zanotto, notched a score of 87.0500 to place third. Lindenwood and Stanford finished in first and second of the team semifinals with scores of 88.3000 and 87.3000, respectively. The Gray Team, consisting of A. Aton, J. Gaylard, N. Gaylard, Sarah House, Natalie Huibregtse, Amrian Johnson, Heidi Liou and Jasmine Pulido, earned an 83.1500 for sixth place to advance to the finals.
The Buckeyes will wrap up competition at the U.S. Collegiate Championships Saturday with the solo, duet, trio and team finals. In its 37-year history, the Buckeyes have clinched 28 U.S. Collegiate Championship titles, capturing the title in four of the last five years (2009-12).
2014 U.S. Collegiate Championships
March 21, 2014
Corwin M. Nixon Aquatic Center
A FIGURES (Top 5)
1. Emma Baranski (Ohio State) – 82.5260
2. Mary Killman (Lindenwood) – 81.8594
3. Yuliya Maryanko (Ohio State) – 80.8646
4. Elizabeth Davidson (Ohio State)– 79.1094
5. Svetlana Ponratova (Canisius) – 78.9844
B FIGURES (Top 5)
1. Julia Gaylard (Ohio State) – 69.0536
2. Caroline Heisterova (Lindenwood) – 68.6696
3. Alexa Aton (Ohio State) – 67.8214
4. Emilee Wills (Incarnate Word) – 67.3661
5. Kellie Stump (Colorado State) – 67.2054
Team Semifinals (Top 5)
1. Lindenwood – 88.3000
2. Stanford – 87.3000
3. Ohio State Scarlet – 87.0500
4. Incarnate Word – 83.7500
5. Lindenwood – 83.600
6. Ohio State Gray – 83.1500
Buckeye Spotlight - Elizabeth Davidson
TBT: Buckeyes in the Olympics
Spring 2016 Newsletter
Buckeyes Give Back over 750 Hours