Buckeyes Open U.S. Collegiate Championships
March 20, 2014
- Draws and Results: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Synchronized-Swimming/Events/2014/March/19/2014-US-Collegiate-Nationals
- Live stream: http://takeitlive.tv/livesynchro/
- Schedule: http://go.osu.edu/2014synchschedule
COLUMBUS, Ohio- The Ohio State synchronized swimming team opened the 2014 U.S. Collegiate Championships Thursday, competing in the trio, duet and solo semifinals at the Corwin M. Nixon Aquatic Center in Oxford, Ohio. The Buckeyes advanced all eligible solo, duet and trio routines to Saturday's finals.
Friday's schedule will feature the A, B, C and D technical competition as well as team semifinals. A free live stream is available at http://takeitlive.tv/livesynchro/ to follow along with all the action.
In the solo competition, senior Yuliya Maryanko posted a score of 87.800 points to finish in second place. The three-time All-American trails Lindenwood's Mary Killman by 2.050 points.
The Buckeye duo of Lorraine Hack and Maryanko tallied an 86.000 to earn second place and a spot in the finals. Lindenwood's Reem Abdalazem took first place in the duet semifinal with a score of 87.9500.
Two Ohio State trios advanced to the finals. Elizabeth Davidson, Hack and Maryanko collected a score of 85.9500 to take second place, while Emma Baranski, Lauren Nicholson, Khadija Zanotto finished in fourth with a score of 85.25000 in the trio semifinals. Lindenwood's duo of Anouk Eman, Killman and Denise Ramirez scored an 87.2500 to lead all trios.
In its 37-year history, the Buckeyes have clinched 28 U.S. Collegiate Championship titles, capturing the title in four of the last five years (2009-12).
2014 U.S. Collegiate Championships
March 20, 2014
Corwin M. Nixon Aquatic Center
Solo Semifinal Results (Top 5)
1. Mary Killman (Lindenwood) - 89.5000
2. Yuliya Maryanko (Ohio State) - 87.8000
3. Svetlana Ponkratova (Canisius College) - 84.9000
4. Laura Schmidt (Canisius College) - 80.8500
5. Kayla Moses (Wheaton College) - 79.0000
Duet Semifinal Results (Top 5)
1. Reem Abdalazem/Mary Killman (Lindenwood) - 87.9500
2. Lorraine Hack/Yuliya Maryanko (Ohio State) - 86.0000
3. Megan Hansley/Evelyna Wang (Stanford) - 85.3000
4. Isabella Park/Marisa Tashima (Stanford) - 83.5000
5. Sydney Sprinkle/Katy Wiita (Incarnate Word) - 82.8000
Trio Semifinal Results (Top 5)
1. Anouk Eman/Mary Killman/Denise Ramirez (Lindenwood) - 87.2500
2. Elizabeth Davidson/Lorraine Hack/Yuliya Maryanko (Ohio State)- 85.9500
3. Reem Abdalazem//Alyson Haylor/Laia Pons (Lindenwood) - 85.7000
4. Emma Baranski/Lauren Nicholson/Khadija Zanotto (Ohio State) - 85.25000
5. Leigh Haldeman/Megan Hansley/Evelyna Wang (Stanford) - 85.1500