The Buckeye trio of Kayley Colville, Katie Spada, Khadija Zanotto took third with a score of 86.330.
March 2, 2013
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio State synchronized swimming team captured its 23rd-consecutive North Regional Championship Saturday at McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion. The Buckeyes collected 96 points to edge Lindenwood, who finished second with 91 points.
Up next, the Buckeyes will travel to Palo Alto, Calif., March 20-23 to compete in the U.S. Collegiate Championships. Ohio State has captured the title for four-consecutive years (2009-2012) and is striving to secure its fifth-consecutive championship this season.
The event kicked off with the trio routine, where Lindenwood earned the top spot with a score of 88.667. The Buckeye trio of Chelsea Aton, Lauren Nicholson and Paige Ramsey placed second in the event with an 87.167, while teammates Kayley Colville, Katie Spada, Khadija Zanotto took third with a score of 86.330. J. Gaylard, Natalie Gaylard and Samantha Golomb performed an honors routine and posted 83.000 points.
Ramsey and Maryanko were the top performers in the duet competition, earning a score of 88.833. Lindenwood's Reem Abdalazem and Anouk Eman placed second with a score of 88.000. Competing as an honors routine, the Buckeye duo of J. Gaylard and N. Gaylard notched 83.667 points.
In the solo competition, Maryanko posted a score of 90.167 to place second behind Lindenwood's Mary Killman who was awarded 91.167 points.
The Buckeyes finished first and third in the team routine, respectively. The Scarlet team of Aton, Colville, LaBounty, Maryanko, Nicholson, Spada, and Zanotto earned 90.000 points to secure first place ahead of Lindenwood (88.833). The Gray team, comprised of Isabella Conrad, Jennifer Mann, N. Gaylard, J. Gaylard, Cory Justice, Caitlin Hoffman, Heidi Liou, and Kristine Irwin finished third with an 87.833.
North Regional Championships
McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion
March 2, 2013
1. Ohio State, 96
2. Lindenwood, 91
3. Minnesota, 60.5
4. Miami University, 59.5
5. Colorado State, 53
6. Carleton, 42.5
1. Reem Abdalazem, Anouk Eman, Mary Killman (Lindenwood), 88.667
4. Audrey McMahon, Rachel Minor, Charlotte Alster (Synchro Swimming at CSU), 73.500
5. Mary Britton, Halley Novak, Breann Degrendel (Miami University), 65.167
6. Sarah Monaghan, Wanqui Yu, Deborah Zhang (Carleton Synchro Swim), 57.833
2(H). Mary Killman, Dennise Ramirez (Lindenwood), 88.000
2. Reem Abdalazem, Anouk Eman (Lindenwood), 87.500
4(H).Carmen Salazar, Simona Plancha (Lindenwood), 83.833
3. Erica Hegedus, Jeannie Peters (Miami University), 74.500
4. Audrey McMahon, Rachel Minor (CSU), 74.333
5. Ashley Gilles, Katelyn Osmek (Minnesota), 71.667
6. Mikaela Cherry, Alyssa Carson (CSU), 70.167
7. Lauren O'Connor, Kira Powell (Minnesota), 67.667
8. Megan Brant, Molly Wooten (Carleton), 65.500
12(H). Anna Moynihan, Sarah Van Valkenburg (Minnesota), 60.333
13(H). Lauren Barry, Hannah Gross (CSU), 60.167
14(H). Mckenna Casey, Allison Resar (CSU), 58.667
1. Mary Killman (Lindenwood), 91.167
2. Yuliya Maryanko (Ohio State), 90.167
3. Reem Abdalazem (Lindenwood), 89.000
4(H). Katie LaBounty (Ohio State), 85.000
5H. Heidi Liou (Ohio State), 83.833
6(H). Kristine Irwin (Ohio State), 83.667
4. Erica Hegedus (Miami), 74.330
5. Katelyn Osmek (Minnesota), 70.167
6. Sarah Denn (Minnesota), 68.500
7. Catherine Christenson (Carleton), 65.500
8. Rebecca Yoder (Miami), 62.000
1. Ohio State Scarlet, 90.000
2. Lindenwood, 88.833
3. Ohio State Gray, 87.833
4. Minnesota, 69.167
5. Miami University, 68.333
6. Carleton, 65.167
7. Synchro Swimming at CSU, 64.417
Buckeye Spotlight - Elizabeth Davidson
TBT: Buckeyes in the Olympics
Spring 2016 Newsletter
Buckeyes Give Back over 750 Hours