Sophomore Yuliya Maryanko captured another solo event at Florida Feb. 18.
Feb. 27, 2012
COLUMBUS, Ohio- The Ohio State synchronized swimming team competed at the University of Florida Feb. 18 against the Gators and the Spartans from the University of Tampa. After sweeping the top spot in each routine, Ohio State claimed the victory with 90 points.
Yuliya Maryanko continued to wow the judges with her solo routine. The sophomore placed first with a score of 87.833. Maryanko was the only Buckeye in the solo competition.
Ohio State grabbed the Top 2 spots in the duet with outstanding performances by Maryanko and Paige Ramsey and Java Nikbakht and Khadija Zanotto. Ramsey and Maryanko scored an 89.00 for first and Zanotto and Nikbakht used a score of 84.333 to take second.
In the team routine, the Scarlet Squad did not disappoint. Colleen Courtmanche, Nikbakht, Lauren Robinson, Lauren Nicholson, Katie Spada, Chelsea Aton, Zanotto and Alex Beckett combined to place first after receiving a score of 88.833.
The Scarlet and Gray will travel to St. Louis, Mo., for the North Regional Championships Saturday.
Gator Synchro Invitational
Feb. 18, 2012
1. Ohio State - 90
2. Florida - 71
3. Tampa - 9
1. Maryanko, Ramsey (Ohio State) 89.00
2. Nikbakht, Zanotto (Ohio State) 84.333
3. Baker, Stalker (Florida) 82.833
4. Watkins, Goyack (Florida) 80.667
5. Moris, Noonan (Florida) 77.167
1. Maryanko (Ohio State) 87.833
2. Goyack (Florida) 80.167
3. Watkins (Florida) 80.167
4. Chils (Tampa) 79.333
1. Ohio State Scarlet (Courtmanche, Nikbakht, Robinson, Nicholson, Spada, Aton, Zanotto, Beckett) 88.833
2. Florida (Baker, Stalker, Watkins, Goyack, Morris, Noonan) 81.833
Buckeye Spotlight - Elizabeth Davidson
TBT: Buckeyes in the Olympics
Spring 2016 Newsletter
Buckeyes Give Back over 750 Hours