Buckeyes Top Richmond, William & Mary in Back-to-Back Meets
The Buckeyes captured first place in all technical and routine competitions they participated in.
COLUMBUS, Ohio– The Ohio State synchronized swimming team notched wins in back-to-back road meets this weekend, defeating Richmond and William & Mary Saturday and Sunday, respectively. The Scarlet and Gray topped Richmond with 76 points and defeated William & Mary with a season-high 97 points. The Buckeyes captured first place in all technical and routine competitions they participated in.
Up next, Ohio State will return to action in San Antonio, Texas, to compete in the Incarnate Word Routine and Technical Meet Saturday and Sunday.
The Buckeyes opened the weekend with a 76-49 victory vs. Richmond in Richmond, Va. Julia Gaylard, Natalie Gaylard and Samantha Golomb took first place with their trio performance, while Alexa Aton and Jasmine Pulido placed first in the duet competition with a 83.000. In team competition, Aton, J. Gaylard, N. Gaylard, Sarah House, Natalie Huibregtse, Amrian Johnson, Heidi Liou and Pulido took first place team honors with their routine with a score of 84.200. Ohio State did not compete in the solo competition.
The following day, the Buckeyes travelled to Williamsburg, Va., to face William & Mary in technical and routine competitions. Ohio State outscored William & Mary (55.5) with a season-high 97 points to claim its second meet of the weekend. In the technical competition, Pulido claimed the A Elements title with 75.3646 points. J. Gaylard placed first in B Figures with a score of 70.1964.
In routine events, the Buckeye trio of J. Gaylard, N. Gaylard and Golomb notched 83.7667 points to earn first place in trio competition. The freshman duo of Aton and Pulido paired up to win the duet competition, scoring 81.3 points, while Paige Wells and Johnson finished second with a score of 79.6667. Aton, Pulido, N. Gaylard, J. Gaylard, Liou, Huibregtse, House and Johnson captured the team event with 81.3 points.
Ohio State vs. Richmond
Feb. 8, 2014
1. Julia Gaylard, Natalie Gaylard, Samantha Golomb (Ohio State) - 83.7667
2. Sarah House, Natalie Huibregtse, Emily Muma (Ohio State) – 81.800
3. Katy Alexander, Sophia Diamond, Dana McLachlin (Richmond) – 75.633
1. Alexa Aton, Jasmine Pulido (Ohio State) – 83.000
2. Julia Toro, Tori Hawes (Ohio State) – 79.5333
3. Amrian Johnson, Paige Wells (Ohio State) – 79.400
4. Sophia Diamond, Dana McLachlin (Richmond) – 74.500
1. Dana McLachlin (Richmond) – 76.300
2. Sophia Diamond (Richmond) – 73.4667
Ohio State vs. William & Mary
Feb. 9, 2014
1. Alexa Aton, Jasmine Pulido (Ohio State) - 81.3
2. Amrian Johnson, Paige Wells (Ohio State) - 79.6667
3. William and Mary: 57.5667
Honors Routine – Julia Toro, Tori Hawes (Ohio State) - 79.4667
1. Alexa Aton, Jasmine Pulido, Natalie Gaylard, Julia Gaylard, Heidi Liou, Natalie Huibregtse, Sarah House, Amrian Johnson (Ohio State) - 83.1
2. William & Mary - 59.3833
Buckeyes Give Back over 750 Hours