Sophomore Lauren Nicholson
Jan. 21, 2012
COLUMBUS, Ohio- The Ohio State synchronized swimming team defeated Michigan, 96-66.5, in a two-day dual meet Saturday and Sunday at the McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion. The Buckeyes next will travel to Minneapolis, Minn., for the Minnesota Invitational Jan. 28
Sophomore Yuliya Maryanko captured the first victory of the season earning a score of 88.170 in the solo competition. Calgary, Alberta native Krissy Irwin took second with an 82.340 in her Ohio State debut.
Alex Beckett, Maryanko and Ramsey won the trio competition with a score of 88.50. Teammates Lauren Nicholson, Lauren Robinson and Khadija Zanotto earned a score of 86.50 for second place. As an honorary routine in the trio competition, Caitlin Hoffman, Jane Kok, Lara Tutton placed third with an 80.170.
In the technical portion of the event, held Sunday, the Buckeyes scored 12 points to the Wolverines' 24.5. In the A Elements, it was a clean sweep for Ohio State as Maryanko (89.234), Robinson (81.333) and Colleen Courtmanche (81.140) took the Top 3 spots.
Ohio State, 96 Michigan, 66.5
McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion
1. Alex Beckett, Yuliya Maryanko, Paige Ramsey (Ohio State) - 88.50
2. Lauren Nicholson, Lauren Robinson, Khadija Zanotto (Ohio State) - 86.50
3H. Caitlin Hoffman, Jane Kok, Lara Tutton (Ohio State) - 80.170
4H. Julia Gaylard, Natalie Gaylard, Samantha Golomb (Ohio State) - 78.330
5. Alisa Glukhova, Leah Stavenhagen, Sachi Gianchandani (Michigan) - 59.50
6. Ellie Hunter, Anna Pokriefka, Olivia Torano (Michigan) - 55.830
Ohio State - 12 points
Michigan - 24.5 points
1. Sachi Gianchandani (Michigan) - 66.744
1H. Laura Ganzel (Michigan)- 56.543
2. Callie Zahul (Michigan) - 55.939
3. Olivia Toranc (Michigan) - 55.701
Spring 2016 Newsletter
Buckeyes Give Back over 750 Hours