Student-Athlete Spotlight: Taylor Ford, Women's Swimming
Ann Arbor, Mich.
Taylor Ford, a senior diver for the Ohio State women's swimming and diving team, is a Big Ten Distinguished Scholar who has competed in three-consecutive Big Ten championship meets. A native of Ann Arbor, Mich., she is also a three-time NCAA zone meet qualifier. An Academic All-Big Ten and Ohio State Scholar-Athlete selection, Ford is pursuing a degree in neuroscience.
This week, Ford and her Buckeye teammates will be in action at McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion for the 2015 Big Ten Women's Swimming and Diving Championships. Fans can visit the following link for more information about the championships:B1G Swimming and Diving Championships Home Page
- Do you prefer Oval Beach in the Fall or Spring (or maybe the Winter)? - Spring!
- Where is the best place to sit for lectures? - Middle row on the end (but I need to make sure it's not a lefty desk!)
- Most underrated place to study on campus - Prior Health Sciences Library in the medical center
- What is your major and how did you choose it? - Neuroscience- I chose it because I plan on attending nursing school after I graduate and I wanted a major that's close to something in the medical field
- If you were the University President for a day, what would you do? - Give everybody free bagels + cream cheese and coffee from Brueggers (along with the day off classes)
- Describe your first day as a student at The Ohio State University? - Very scary... I got lost multiple times.
- Who do you wish had a Twitter account? Why would you want to "follow" this account? - Dobby the House Elf
- Favorite TV show - The O.C.
- Favorite movie - How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Favorite book and/or magazine - Catcher in the Rye
- Favorite celebrity - Jimmy Kimmel
- Favorite singer or musical group - Sam Hunt
- Last concert I attended was - Timeflies Tuesday
- Favorite pro sports team - Detroit Red Wings or Detroit Tigers
- Favorite athlete - my brother-in-law, Andrew Ebbett
- The athlete I would most like to compete against - LeBron James
- Favorite athletic memory - Winning the 2011 junior national championships on 3 meter
- Team you're most looking forward to competing against - Michigan
- Pre-game superstition/Pre-game ritual - Put on my beats and dance around the pool deck
- What is your top skill? What skill do you need to improve? - I really need to improve my self confidence
- Most interesting place I've visited - Cairo, Egypt
- I would like to visit - Patagonia, Chile
- Favorite home cooked meal - my moms thanksgiving stuffing or her homemade spaghetti sauce
- Favorite snack food - Cheetos White Cheddar cheese puffs
- Person I most admire - my parents
- In 10 years, I would like to be - working as a nurse in San Francisco, California
- If I had a million dollars, I would - travel the globe
- Coolest thing you did this past summer - Attend a 4 day country music festival called Faster Horses
- Most prized possession - my laptop
- I would like to trade places for a day with - My roommate, Ashley Vance. I want to know what it is like to be tall and see the tops of peoples heads
- Best piece of advice you've received - "You will only regret the chances you did not take"- my father
- If you could have dinner with any 3 people (alive or dead), who would they be and what/where would you eat - Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley
- Dream event (non-sport or sport-related) you would like to attend - Holi Festival in India - a Hindu spring tradition where people throw brightly colored powder at each other in celebration of spring
- Who tweets too much on your team - Brittany Menninger
- Do you have an interesting nickname? - Hollywood
- What is your hometown known for? - being "That School Up North"
- Pop or Soda? - Pop
- Cats or Dogs? - Cats
- Early Bird or Night Owl? - definitely an early bird
Ohio State Announces 2017-18 Schedule
Buckeyes at 2017 World Championships
Humphrey Highlights | Zulal Zeren