Taylor Stevens drove in three runs on a double
The Buckeyes have won six straight
• OSU Scholar-Athlete
AS A FRESHMAN (2018)
• Played in 21 games, earning seven starts.
• Had her first career hit, a single, against Texas (2/24).
• Earned her first career start at third base at Cal State Fullerton (3/16).
• Came in as a pinch hitter against Iowa and swung on the first pitch for a single (5/10).
• Against USF in the opening game of the Gainesville Regional, she entered as pinch hitter with the bases loaded and two outs before drilling a base-clearing double to lead the Buckeyes to a 3-1 win (5/18).
• Her double and three RBI against the Bulls were the first of her career (5/18).
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Three-time all-conference selection.
• Led Boone Grove to three conference, sectional and regional championships with a pair of state runner-up finishes.
• In 27 games as a junior, hit .488 with 43 RBI, 24 runs scored and a .542 on-base percentage.
• Upper her average to .495 as a senior with 30 RBI, 11 doubles and 41 runs scored in 25 games.
• Career batting average of .455 with 148 hits, 127 RBI and 109 runs scored in 102 games.
• Recipient of the team’s 2016 hitting award.
• Played club ball for the New Lenox Lightning, finishing ninth at nationals in 2015.
• Member of the 2010 Indiana Raiders team that was World Series champions.
• Daughter of Jack and Kristin Stevens.
• Would like to pursue a career in exercise science or radiation therapy following graduation.
• Lists her greatest sports thrill as making the state finals in back to back years.
• Comes from an athletic family: her uncle, Danny Stevens, is the second all-time leading scorer in Edison High School basketball history and played collegiately at Loyola and Texas while her father, Jack Stevens, is third leading scorer all-time at Edison High School.