List highlighted by NFCA All-Region selections Shelby McCombs, Lilli Piper and Morgan Ray
Buckeyes downed USF, 3-2, plays Florida tomorrow
Taylor Stevens drove in three runs on a double
Piper, McCombs earn first team nods; Ray and Clark on second team
Lilli Piper and Shelby McCombs were first team selections
• First Team All-NFCA Midwest Region (2018)
• First Team All-Big Ten (2018)
• Big Ten Pitcher of the Week (Feb. 12, 2018)
• Academic All-Big Ten (2017, 2018)
• OSU Scholar-Athlete
AS A SENIOR (2018)
• Started 50 games, splitting time as a pitcher and designated player.
• 14 multi-hit games and 10 multi-RBI contests.
• Second on the team with 13 home runs, 49 hits and 11 doubles.
• At the plate, hit .338 with 35 RBI, 21 runs scored and a .683 slugging percentage.
• Made 33 appearances in the circle with 25 starts.
• Had 17 wins, tossed 11 complete games and picked up two saves.
• Finished the season with a 2.85 ERA in 164.1 innings of work with 139 strikeouts and a .214 batting average against.
• In Big Ten-only games, was third in the league in slugging percentage (.879) and home runs (8), sixth in hits (27) and seventh in batting average (.409).
• Had a 0.34 ERA, 25 strikeouts, did not give up an extra-base hit and was 3-0 during opening weekend at FAU “First Pitch” Classic.
• Posted a career-high 12 strikeouts at FAU (2/10).
• Hit a two-run walk-off home run against N.C. State (2/17).
• Knocked a two-shot game-winning home run vs. Wisconsin (3/30).
• Demolished her first career grand slam and tallied eight strikeouts vs. Wisconsin (4/1).
• Had a solo home run and nine strikeouts in six innings vs. Penn State (4/11).
• Secured her first save of the season vs. Penn State in 0.2 innings of relief (4/11).
• Scored the walk-off run vs. Michigan State on a throwing error. She was also 3-for-4 with two doubles and a run (4/22).
• Had a two-run shot, two hits and two RBI vs. Maryland (4/27).
• Connected on a three-run dinger and tossed five innings of one-run, four-hit, six-strikeout ball to run-rule Michigan, 10-1 (5/6).
• Tossed a complete-game win over USF after giving up one run on two hits with five strikeouts (5/18).
• Was 2-for-3 with an RBI to top USF, 3-2, and advance to the Gainesville Regional final (5/19).
AS A JUNIOR (2017)
• Starting pitcher vs. Lamar (2/11) and saw relief action vs. Texas A&M (2/11).
• Winning pitcher in 22-0 shutout of Maryland (3/26). Went four innings and scattered four hits.
• Started and was the winning pitcher in series finale vs. Rutgers. Also went 2-for-3 at the plate with three RBI.
• Complete game shutout of No. 16 Michigan on April 9 with 10 strikeouts and just one walk.
• Recorded the final two outs to pick up her five save of the year in a 3-2 win at Pitt.
• Pitched seven innings and allowed just four hits in a 3-2 series-clinching win at No. 22 Illinois.
• Finished with a 2.62 ERA, 54 strikeouts and .260 batting average against in 69.1 innings. Was third on the team in both ERA and innings while compiling a 6-3 record.
• Ranked sixth in the Big Ten with a 2.46 ERA in Big Ten-only games and had a 2.07 ERA against RPI Top-75 teams.
AS A SOPHOMPORE (2016)
• Pitched 31.1 innings with five starts.
• Hit a walk-off home run in the eighth inning vs. Georgia Tech (2/20).
• Drove in four runs, scored twice and had two hits in a 13-0 five-inning victory over Virginia Tech (2/26).
• Earned her first win for the Scarlet and Gray by going 3.1 innings in relief vs. Connecticut while scattering three hits and striking out five.
• Season-high seven Ks over 5.2 innings vs. Furman (2/26).
• Pitched the final 2.1 innings and didn’t allow a hit to earn a save vs. Virginia Tech (2/27).
• Went 4.1 innings and was the winning pitcher vs. Maryland (3/27).
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Spent the 2015 season at Louisville, where she was second on the team with a 10-5 record in 22 appearances.
• 2.87 ERA in 105.0 innings with 69 strikeouts, five complete games and two shutouts.
• Named ACC Pitcher of the Week on May 5 after picking up two wins versus Pittsburgh, allowing just one run over 12 innings.
• Had a two-hit complete game shutout in the second game of the series.
• Struck out a career-high seven batters in 3.1 innings in the 13-7 win over Syracuse (3/29).
AT LICKING VALLEY
• Named the 2014 Newark Advocate Pitcher of the Year and the Licking County League Player of the Year
• 2014 All-Metro Pitcher of the Year as well as the Division II State Pitcher of the Year
• All-state, all-district and all-Licking County League selection in 2014
• as a sophomore, helped her team to the 2013 state championship and was the Newark Advocate Player of the Year
• Two-time all-state honorable mention (2012 and 2013)
• While playing for the Lady Laser Gold team, she helped her team to the 2011 national title.
• Daughter of Ty McCombs and Tammy McCombs.
• Has two siblings, Shay and Shawnee.
• Greatest accomplishment so far has been winning a national championship.