Buckeyes downed USF, 3-2, plays Florida tomorrow
Piper, McCombs earn first team nods; Ray and Clark on second team
Ohio State closes its home slate with an 11-2 mark
Ohio State has won its last six games
Ohio State had a season-high 13 runs, 13 RBI and 14 hits in six innings
• OSU Scholar-Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten.
AS A JUNIOR (2018)
• Picked up a pair of complete-game wins at the FAU “First Pitch” Classic.
• Struck out a career-high 12 batters vs. Northern Illinois (2/10).
• Tossed a career-high eight innings at LMU (3/13).
• Fanned 11 batters, gave up one run and two hits in seven innings at CSUN (3/14).
• Earned her first save of the season after tossing three innings of two-hit relief with four strikeouts vs. CSUN (3/17).
• Held Pitt to two hits and a run over seven innings (5/2).
• Only allowed one hit in 1.2 innings of relief at Michigan (5/4).
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017)
• Second on the team in ERA (2.35) and third in innings (62.2).
• Finished 6-5 with a team-best .217 batting average against while throwing two complete game shutouts.
• Pitched 1.2 innings of scoreless relief against Lamar (2/11).
• Went 6.1 innings vs. Bethune-Cookman, allowing just one hit and striking out five.
• Has a 0.91 ERA over the last 10 games.
• 3.2 innings of scoreless relief with three strikeouts to earn the win over Indiana (4/16).
• Appeared in all three games versus Michigan State, getting the start in the series finale and going 1.2 innings without allowing a hit in the opener.
• Pitched the first complete game shutout of her career on 4/29 vs. Iowa, striking out six and allowing just two hits.
• Shut out Kent State and allowed just one hit on May 3.
• Tossed 15.1 consecutive scoreless innings between April 28 and May 5.
• Selected as one of two recipients of the team’s Most Improved award.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016)
• Third on the team with 63.0 innings pitched.
• 4.00 ERA with 46 strikeouts.
• Went 3-2 with wins vs. San Jose State (3/18), Purdue (4/24) and Michigan State (5/7).
• Struck out a season-high six over 4.2 innings vs. Maryland (3/26).
• Earned the starting nod in season-opener against Pacific (2/12).
• Gave up no more than one earned run in each of her first six appearances.
• Collected four or more strikeouts in five appearances.
• Pitched a season-high six innings while scattering six hits and striking out four vs. Kent State (5/4).
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Three-time Montana Gatorade Player of the Year.
• CBS MaxPreps first team All-America.
• NFCA first team All-West Region.
• Member of the national champion NW Bullets at the TC/USA Nationals.
• Was the winning pitcher in the title game.
• During her senior season in 2015, went 19-2 with a 0.32 ERA, leading her team to a third straight Class A state title.
• Struck out 248 batters in 130 innings pitched.
• Allowed just 55 hits and 22 walks.
• Hit .553 with seven home runs, 22 RBI and a .953 slugging percentage.
• Three-time Class A first team all-state selection.
• Posted a 23-1 record along with a 0.72 ERA in the circle as a junior.
• Struck out 280 batters and walked just 28 in 145 innings pitched.
• Fired 10 no-hitters, including one perfect game, and held opponents to a .114 batting average.
• At the plate, batted .598 with 12 home runs, 54 RBI and a 1.253 slugging percentage.
• A four-year varsity letterwinner in volleyball where she led the team in both blocks and kills.
• Daughter of J.B. and Gypsy Ray.
• Has an older brother, John, who attends Central Washington University and plays rugby.
• Her mother played volleyball at Metro State and the University of Montana and uncle played football, also at Montana.
• Has a cousin who played football at Rocky Mountain College.
• Member of the National Honors Society and Student Council.
• Lists her greatest sports thrill as hitting a walk-off home run in a state tournament game.
Lilli Piper: Make You Proud