The Buckeyes were 3-1 during the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
A walk-off single and home run were the difference makers for Ohio State
Pitchers Shelby McCombs and Morgan Ray each had a career-high 12 strikeouts
Buckeyes move to 5-0 on the season
The day was highlighted by a grand slam from Emily Clark
• OSU Scholar-Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017)
• Second on the team in ERA (2.35) and third in innings (62.2).
• Finished 6-5 with a team-best .217 batting average against while throwing two complete game shutouts.
• Pitched 1.2 innings of scoreless relief against Lamar (2/11).
• Went 6.1 innings vs. Bethune-Cookman, allowing just one hit and striking out five.
• Has a 0.91 ERA over the last 10 games.
• 3.2 innings of scoreless relief with three strikeouts to earn the win over Indiana (4/16).
• Appeared in all three games versus Michigan State, getting the start in the series finale and going 1.2 innings without allowing a hit in the opener.
• Pitched the first complete game shutout of her career on 4/29 vs. Iowa, striking out six and allowing just two hits.
• Shut out Kent State and allowed just one hit on May 3.
• Tossed 15.1 consecutive scoreless innings between April 28 and May 5.
• Selected as one of two recipients of the team’s Most Improved award.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016)
• Third on the team with 63.0 innings pitched.
• 4.00 ERA with 46 strikeouts.
• Went 3-2 with wins vs. San Jose State (3/18), Purdue (4/24) and Michigan State (5/7).
• Struck out a season-high six over 4.2 innings vs. Maryland (3/26).
• Earned the starting nod in season-opener against Pacific (2/12).
• Gave up no more than one earned run in each of her first six appearances.
• Collected four or more strikeouts in five appearances.
• Pitched a season-high six innings while scattering six hits and striking out four vs. Kent State (5/4).
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Three-time Montana Gatorade Player of the Year.
• CBS MaxPreps first team All-America.
• NFCA first team All-West Region.
• Member of the national champion NW Bullets at the TC/USA Nationals.
• Was the winning pitcher in the title game.
• During her senior season in 2015, went 19-2 with a 0.32 ERA, leading her team to a third straight Class A state title.
• Struck out 248 batters in 130 innings pitched.
• Allowed just 55 hits and 22 walks.
• Hit .553 with seven home runs, 22 RBI and a .953 slugging percentage.
• Three-time Class A first team all-state selection.
• Posted a 23-1 record along with a 0.72 ERA in the circle as a junior.
• Struck out 280 batters and walked just 28 in 145 innings pitched.
• Fired 10 no-hitters, including one perfect game, and held opponents to a .114 batting average.
• At the plate, batted .598 with 12 home runs, 54 RBI and a 1.253 slugging percentage.
• A four-year varsity letterwinner in volleyball where she led the team in both blocks and kills.
• Daughter of J.B. and Gypsy Ray.
• Has an older brother, John, who attends Central Washington University and plays rugby.
• Her mother played volleyball at Metro State and the University of Montana and uncle played football, also at Montana.
• Has a cousin who played football at Rocky Mountain College.
• Member of the National Honors Society and Student Council.
• Lists her greatest sports thrill as hitting a walk-off home run in a state tournament game.