Buckeyes downed USF, 3-2, plays Florida tomorrow
Taylor Stevens drove in three runs on a double
Lilli Piper and Shelby McCombs were first team selections
Ohio State scored all its runs over the first three innings
Ohio State has won its last six games
• Second team All-NFCA Midwest Region (2017).
• OSU Scholar-Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten.
AS A SENIOR (2018)
• Has four games with at least 10 putouts from behind the plate.
• Went 3-for-3 vs. N.C. State (2/17).
• Had her first homer of the season, a two-run shot, against Loyola Marymount (3/13).
• Knocked a two-run homer at Rutgers (4/6).
• Was 2-for-2 with two runs, one RBI, a double and walk vs. Michigan State (4/20).
• Registered a two-RBI double vs. Maryland on Senior Day (4/29).
• Had two hits, two runs and a walk at Michigan (5/6).
AS A JUNIOR (2017)
• Hit .348 and threw out 36 percent of attempted base stealers during Big Ten play.
• Went 4-for-4 with three RBI against North Carolina (2/17).
• Had two hits vs. No. 21 California in the finale of the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic (2/26).
• Started 49 of the 50 games that she played in.
• Solo home run in the fifth inning of a 2-0 victory over Indiana.
• Go-ahead two-run double in the sixth inning at Michigan State.
• Improved her batting average by nearly 100 points from 2016.
• Threw out 14 base runners on the season and had a .996 fielding percentage behind the plate.
• Selected as the team’s Most Improved Player.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016)
• Started 35 games, primarily at catcher but also 13 contests in left field.
• Threw out nine base stealers, the highest percentage amongst starting Big Ten catchers.
• In her first career start, went one-for-three vs. Virginia Tech (2/26) and later in the same day went two-for-four with a home run and double vs. Furman.
• Hit a two-run home run in the top of the seventh vs. Rutgers (4/9).
• In five games at the Spartan Classic in Spartanburg, S.C., went four-for-12 with four RBI
• Won the team’s Block “O” Award, recognizing a player who made the most of their opportunities.
AS A FRESHMAN (2015)
• Played in eight games, all at catcher.
• Had five at bats as a pinch hitter.
• OSU Scholar-Athlete.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Two-time first team all-state selection by the Ohio Fastpitch Coaches Association.
• Led Gahanna to a 28-3 record and birth in the Division I regional championship game as a senior.
• Member of the Columbus Dispatch All-Metro team.
• Four-year starter for the Lions.
• Hit .369 as a sophomore while earning first team All-OCC honors.
• First team all-conference, all-region, all-state and the Central District Player of the Year as a junior.
• Set a school record with 46 runs scored.
• Played club softball for the Classics Black and Ohio Lasers.
• Varsity letterwinner in volleyball.
Lilli Piper: Make You Proud