Morgan Ray had 11 strikeouts
Ohio State has won its last three games
Lilli Piper and Ashley Goodwin both had two-run homers
The Buckeyes have won six straight
A walk-off single and home run were the difference makers for Ohio State
• OSU Scholar Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten
AS A JUNIOR (2017)
• Played in 36 games, earning 15 starts
• Collected eight hits, scored 12 runs and stole two bases.
• RBI double in the season opener against Central Michigan (2/10).
• Hit safely in two of four games at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic (2/24-2/26).
• Part of the Huntington Bucks Go Pro Class. Interned with the Office of Legal Affairs.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016)
• Played in 34 games, earning six starts.
• Scored nine runs.
• Went one-for-three with a single vs. San Jose State (3/18).
• Was two-for-three on stolen base attempts.
• Three walks.
• Earned her first start of the season vs. North Florida (2/13).
AS A FRESHMAN (2015)
• Played in 32 games, primarily as the designated player or left fielder.
• Earned seven starts.
• In 30 at-bats, hit .367 and added 14 runs scored.
• Against Michigan State (4/10-4/12), hit .667 with an RBI and two runs scored.
• Had multiple hits in three straight games (4/11 vs. MSU, 4/12 vs. MSU and 4/15 vs. Penn State).
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Hit .548 with 26 runs scored, 12 RBI and eight doubles as a senior.
• Teays Valley finished 19-2 and advanced to the district finals.
• Had a perfect 1.000 fielding percentage.
• First team all-conference and all-district.
• Golden Glove award winner.
• .616 on-base percentage and .790 slugging percentage.
• As a junior, hit .370 last year with 32 runs scored, 16 RBI and 11 stolen bases.
• First team all-Mid State League selection, second team all-district and Golden Glove Award honoree in 2013.
• Starter on Teays Valley team that won a district championship in 2011.
• Earned four varsity letters in softball and one in basketball.
• Daughter of Michael and Tina Sturgeon
• Has a younger brother.
• Favorite pastimes include camping, fishing and hiking.
• Lists her greatest sports thrill as winning district championship and playing at Buckeye Field.