Blogging the Buckeyes: Liz Sullivan

Go Buckeyes!
Go Buckeyes!

Go Buckeyes!
Hello everyone,

I'm writing here from Wisconsin to update you on our week of practices before the big game tonight.  Luckily, we were able to start off Monday with a nice day off.  However, for me, and most of the other girls, days off are spent doing all of the schoolwork we can't get done the rest of the week.  Somehow those days off fly by and before we knew it, it was Tuesday.

Tuesday's practice began with exposure, a drill we do on a regular basis.  The good thing about this drill is that it is very easy to measure our success, and we can tell when we are improving from one week to the next.  This week we did much better than weeks past, and hopefully that will show in our game today. After that we worked on pattern play and some scrimmaging, which proved a little bit of a challenge in the cold weather. Once we got our legs moving and were used to the cold the ball started moving better and our play definitely improved.  Finally, we all looked down to the lower field to see Deuce setting up our favorite activity- fitness.   There have been times where we become individuals during fitness, but the 'new buckeyes' arrived, and our team did an amazing job of cheering each other on, lifting one another up, and getting ourselves across the line.

Wednesday began with some terrible weather outside.  On our ride to practice we had to turn on the windshield wipers, hot air, and seat warmers- never a good combination.   Luckily we got a text from Glen that we would practice inside so we all were able to skip the layering and rain jackets, and headed into the Woody for practice. We began practice with different types of services, and I think most of the groups were able to improve their long balls throughout the session.  We finished up practice with some scrimmaging and almost got to play one of our favorite games, seams.  Our freshman class had to get themselves to a meeting with the nutritionist so we all decided to save seams for another day.

The inclement weather continued through Thursday, and we were in the Woody again for practice.  We did some work on heading again and a little bit of scrimmaging, then ended practice to hit the showers.  The locker room was completely chaotic for the next hour as we all rushed to get ready and dress up for the airport.  Of course once we all hurried to get ready we looked at a clock and realized we had an extra half hour.  Lucky for us we have amazingly comfortable couches and we hung out in there until we left for the airport.

Now we are all safely in Wisconsin and it's time for me to go get taped for the game, Have a good one! Go Bucks!