Aug. 12, 2012
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State women’s soccer team concluded its exhibition schedule with a 1-0 loss to Miami (Fla.) Sunday afternoon at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. The Hurricanes tallied the lone goal of the game in the 47th minute on a 15-yard strike from Jasmine Paterson.
A couple notes from Sunday’s exhibition:
- The Buckeyes’ best opportunity came in the 6th minute when Tiffany Cameron broke away from a pair of Miami defenders but her shot drifted just wide left.
- Goalkeeper Rachel Middleman made three saves in a scoreless first half.
- Michela Paradiso also made an impact in the 60th minute, splitting a pair of defenders, but her shot from the top of the box was into the arms of keeper Emily Lillard.
- Kristen Niederhaus had an opportunity in the 75th minute but her shot from 12 yards out off a corner sailed over the crossbar.
- Sophomore transfer Kenzie Schlemitz saw her first game action for the Buckeyes.
The Buckeyes open the 2012 regular season at Hofstra at 7 p.m. Friday.
Walker Adds 13 for 2017 Season