Student-Athlete Spotlight - Olivia DiCarlantonio, Women's Lacrosse
Olivia DiCarlantonio is a senior on the Ohio State women's lacrosse team. Last spring, she played in 12 game off the bench and scored two goals - one in the season-opener against Detroit and the other against Niagara. This past summer, she was part of the Bucks Go Pro class and interned in the area of sports performance.
- What is the best time of year on campus? Football season
- What is your preferred mode of transportation to class? Depends on the weather! If it's nice I like to walk; anything else - car.
- Have you switched your major? If so, how many times and why and if not, how did you know your major was “the one”? I have switched from communications to exercise science to public health. Public health is “the one” because it is, for me, the smartest route to reach my goal of becoming a physical therapist.
- What has been your favorite or most interesting class at OSU? Anatomy.
- If you had to give an incoming student advice, what would it be? Don't procrastinate on anything.
- What social media do you prefer the most? Instagram.
- Which do you watch more: Netflix or TV? Netflix.
- Would you rather read the book or watch the movie? Read the book.
- What song can you not help but sing-a-long to? Mambo Italiano by Rosemary Clooney.
- What was the last movie that you saw in theaters? Pitch Perfect 2.
- When is your favorite time of your sport's season? Tournament time.
- Which team do you most look forward to competing against? TTUN.
- Do you have any pre-game/match superstitions or rituals? I re-tape my stick and put a different bible verse on the tape for every game.
- What is your favorite part about your sport? The fact that if you want the ball you can go get it.
- What is your favorite athletic memory? Beating Maryland at the Big Ten Tournament last season.
- Where is your favorite place to eat at in Columbus? My cousins' house.
- What is the best meal you have ever eaten, and where did you get it from/who made it? Anything my dad makes, specifically homemade pasta.
- Do you have a sweet tooth and if you do, what is your favorite treat? YES and anything involving chocolate.
- When you are not at practice, what could someone find you doing? Schoolwork.
- Do you have a hidden talent? I can walk on my hands.
- If you could play another sport other than yours, what would it be? Tennis.
- If you won the lottery, what would you do? Hire Beyonce to perform for my friends and I at my birthday party.
- What do you most look forward to doing during the summer? Eating dinner with my family again.
- If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be? Teleportation.
- Do you have an interesting nickname? My teammates call me “Chips” because I'm always chipper and I look like a chipmunk.
- If you could switch places with anyone on your team for a day, who would you choose? Katie Chase … she's a legend.
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? “You deserve nothing. Earn it.”
- If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be? The Last Supper.
- Would you be the first O, H, I or last O in a picture? Always the first O.
- What is your favorite part about being a Buckeye? The friends and memories I have made and the connection we have of being a Buckeye.
Humphrey Highlights | Mackenzie Maring