The junior competed on vault in her first-ever trip to the NCAA Championships
Junior will compete in the first semifinal session on Friday at 1 p.m. ET
Jamie Stone tied for first on vault to qualify for the NCAA Championships
Jamie Stone (vault) and Olivia Aepli (uneven bars) both won individual titles
Mattern is a first team selection while Stone and Aepli are second team members
- Second team All-Big Ten (2016, 2018)
- All-Big Ten Championship Team (2018)
- Big Ten champion on vault (2018)
- OSU Scholar-Athlete (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Academic All-Big Ten (2017, 2018)
AS A JUNIOR (2018)
- Competed in every meet on vault, balance beam and floor exercise
- Tallied 15 finishes on the podium.
- Tied for third on balance beam with a 9.800 at UCLA.
- Scored a career and team-high 9.950 on floor exercise to tie for first place against Minnesota and Illinois State.
- Won the floor title with a 9.875 and placed second on balance beam with a 9.825 in a quad meet at Rutgers.
- Tied for first on floor exercise (9.875), second on vault (9.850) and third on balance beam (9.800) against Penn State.
- Tied for second on vault (9.775) and floor exercise (9.900) versus Western Michigan.
- Finished third on balance beam with a score of 9.900 at Kentucky.
- Claimed the floor title with a 9.925, tied for first on balance beam on a career and team-high 9.925 and tied for third on vault with a 9.875 against N.C. State and Central Michigan.
- Tied for first place with a career-high 9.900 on vault at the Big Ten Championships.
- Matched her career-high 9.900 on vault at the NCAA Columbus Regional to tie for first place and qualify for the NCAA Championships.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017)
- Competed in every meet, primarily on vault, balance beam and floor exercise.
- Posted career-best 9.875 to tie for third on vault and a career-high 9.825 to tie for third on balance beam at Minnesota.
- Tied for second with a 9.825 on vault and tied for third with a 9.750 on balance beam at Pittsburgh.
- Tied for third with a 9.825 on vault in quad meet against Michigan, Washington and Kent State.
- Tied for second on vault with a 9.775 against Iowa.
- Tied for second on vault with a 9.825 against Rutgers and tied for third on vault with a 9.775 at Penn State.
- Tied for the event title with a 9.850 on vault at the Big Ten Five-Team meet.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016)
- Competed in 11 meets as a freshman.
- Posted a team-high 9.875 vault score four different times.
- Won or tied for the vault title three times.
- Tied for first with a 9.850 on vault at Iowa.
- Placed first with a 9.875 on vault against Minnesota.
- Earned a first-place finish with a 9.875 on vault in tri-meet at Rutgers with Yale.
- Finished second with a 9.875 on vault in tri-meet against Eastern Michigan and Pittsburgh.
- Won the vault title with a 9.875 in tri-meet at West Virginia with Bowling Green.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
- Trained at World Class Gymnastics for the last three years.
- Finished fifth at 2015 Nationals and posted a 9.95 on vault at the 2015 WOGA Classic.
- Finished fifth in the all-around at the 2014 regional championships and was the 2014 Virginia state champion on floor exercise.
- 2013 Eastern National floor exercise and all-around champion.
- Level 9 regional vault, bars, beam and all-around champion in 2013.
- Competed two years in gymnastics at Western Branch High School and was named a state champion both seasons.
- Daughter of Paul Stone and Donna Drew.
- Has two older siblings, Kasey and Brock.