Jamie Stone tied for first on vault to qualify for the NCAA Championships
Jamie Stone (vault) and Olivia Aepli (uneven bars) both won individual titles
Mattern is a first team selection while Stone and Aepli are second team members
Buckeyes earn a spot in the evening session at the 2018 Big Ten Championships
Buckeyes had a season-high 49.350 on balance beam
- First team All-Big Ten (2017, 2018)
- All-Big Ten Championship Team (2018)
- Finished third on floor exercise at the Big Ten Championships (2018)
- Second team All-Big Ten (2015, 2016)
- Big Ten Gymnast of the Week (2/20/17)
AS A SENIOR (2018)
- Competed in all 13 meets, including nine times in the all-around.
- Finished on the podium 20 times.
- Tied for first place on floor (9.900) and third on uneven bars (9.825) and in the all-around (38.650) in the season opener at UCLA.
- Tied for third on vault and in the all-around with a 9.875 and 38.800, respectively, at Michigan.
- Had a third-place finish in the all-around at Iowa with a 39.025.
- Was second on vault (9.875), tied her career high on floor exercise (9.925) for third and had a season-high 39.375 in the all-around for second against Minnesota and Illinois State.
- Won the all-around competition with a 39.150 while she tied for first on vault (9.875), second on uneven bars (9.800) and third on floor exercise (9.800) in a quad meet at Rutgers.
- Tied for second on uneven bars against Penn State with a 9.850.
- Finished third on uneven bars with a score of 9.825 against Western Michigan.
- Tallied a career-high 9.900 on uneven bars at Bowling Green and Central Michigan, which tied for first place.
- Matched her career high on uneven bars with a 9.900 to tie for first, placed second in the all-around on a 39.250 and had a season-high 9.875 on balance beam against N.C. State and Central Michigan.
- Scored a career and team-best 9.925 on vault at the Big Five Meet.
- Earned a third-place finish and tied her career high with a 9.925 on floor exercise at the Big Ten Championships.
AS A JUNIOR (2017)
- Competed in every meet in the all-around as a junior.
- Posted the 26th-best RQS nationally in the all-around and fourth in the Big Ten.
- Also tied for 21st nationally in floor RQS and 25th in vault RQS.
- Won or tied for the all-around title five times, won vault five times, picked up four floor exercise titles and won uneven bars twice.
- Earned a career-high 39.400 to take the all-around title against Rutgers and tied that score to tie for first the following week at Penn State.
- Posted team season highs, and career bests, of 9.925 on floor exercise and of 9.900 on vault four times.
- Won the all-around with a 39.225 in addition to posting a 9.850 to take the vault and floor exercise titles at Pittsburgh. Also posted a 9.800 to take second on uneven bars at Pittsburgh.
- Tied for first with a 9.900 on vault en route to a third-place all-around finish in quad meet against Michigan, Washington and Kent State.
- Tied for second with a 39.050 in the all-around and a 9.850 on uneven bars against Iowa.
- Tied for first with a 39.375 in the all-around and placed second with a 9.900 on vault at Minnesota.
- Won the all-around, vault and floor exercise titles while tying for first on uneven bars against Rutgers.
- Tied for first in the all-around while taking the floor exercise and vault titles at Penn State.
- Earned a 39.375 to win the all-around while taking the uneven bars title with a 9.875 against West Virginia.
- Also posted a 9.900 to tie for first on vault take second on floor exercise against the Mountaineers.
- Tied for first with a 9.900 on floor exercise while finishing third with a 38.125 in the all-around against Denver.
- Tallied a 9.900 to finish second on vault.
- Tallied a 39.250 to finish fifth at NCAA Champaign Regional.
- Qualified for the NCAA Championships, and earned a 39.200 to place 15th in the all-around in the early session.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016)
- Competed in all 12 meets, including nine times in the all-around.
- Tied for a team season high with a 9.900 on floor exercise four times.
- Finished first on vault with a 9.850 while posting a second-place finish with a 39.125 in the all-around at Washington.
- Tied for third with a 9.850 on floor exercise and a 9.825 on vaults at Michigan.
- Tied for second with a 9.850 on floor exercise at Iowa.
- Earned the floor exercise title with a 9.900 and placed second with a 9.850 on vault in tri-meet at Rutgers with Yale.
- Tied for first with a 9.900 on floor exercise against Penn State.
- Earned a team-high 39.175 in the all-around at the Big Ten Five-Team meet and at Big Ten Championships.
AS A FRESHMAN (2015)
- Competed in all 13 meets, including 10 times in the all-around.
- Finished first with a 9.875 on floor exercise and a 9.850 on vault at Pittsburgh.
- Tied for third with a 9.825 on floor exercise at Minnesota.
- Finished first with a career-high 9.925 on floor exercise and placed third in the all-around with a 39.075 at Bowling Green.
- Took the all-around title with a 39.125 while tying for first on floor exercise with a 9.875 on floor exercise vs. Rutgers.
- Tied for third with a 9.800 on balance beam at Penn State.
- Placed second with a 9.875 on floor exercise against Boise State.
- Tied for first with a 9.875 on floor exercise and a 9.800 on balance beam against SEMO.
- Took second with a career-high 39.200 in the all-around and tied for third with a 9.750 on uneven bars vs. SEMO … tallied a 39.100 in the all-around at the NCAA Columbus Regional.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
- Finished 10th overall at 2014 Junior Olympics National Championships after placing fourth on vault and seventh on balance beam.
- 2013 JO regional vault champion with a score of 9.875.
- Placed third in the country on vault at the 2013 JO National Championships and finished ninth in the all-around.
- Trained at Artistic Sports Academy Plus in Harrisburg, Pa and coached by her father, Barry.
- Daughter of Barry and Tabby Mattern.
- Has a sister, Brittany, and a brother, Jared.