Student-Athlete Spotlight: Arielle Cowie, Field Hockey
Sep 4, 2013
Arielle Cowie #24
Field Hockey, Senior Midfielder
Trinidad and Tobago
Major: International Business
Arielle Cowie returns to the Buckeye lineup at midfield for her senior season, bringing a wealth of experience to the 2013 squad with 50 career starts and 60 career games played. Cowie, a native of Trinidad and Tobago, is a 2012 Second Team All-Big Ten honoree, earning league honors last season for the first time in her OSU career. She is the team's vocal leader on and off the turf and will look to lead the Scarlet and Gray to a fourth NCAA Tournament appearance in the last five years this season.
- Do you prefer the Oval in the Fall or Spring (or maybe the Winter)? - The Spring. It's absolutely beautiful!
- Where is the best place to sit for lectures? - Anywhere, as long as you pay attention
- Why did you choose to major in international business? I enjoy learning about the different cultures of management and different styles of operations of businesses on a global scale.
- Describe your first day as a student at The Ohio State University? - Very nerve-wracking
- Favorite TV show - Scandal
- Favorite movie - Something Borrowed
- Favorite book and/or magazine - Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
- Favorite celebrity - Ryan Gosling
- Favorite singer or musical group - Beyoncé
- Last concert I attended was - Rihanna
- Favorite athlete - He's not a pro athlete, but my older brother is the captain of the Trinidad and Tobago senior men's field hockey national team and he is the most driven and talented player I know!
- The athlete I would most like to compete against - My brother
- Favorite athletic memory - Advancing to the semifinals of the NCAA tournament my freshman year
- Team you're most looking forward to competing against - Michigan
- What is your top skill? What skill do you need to improve? - Top skill is my reverse tackle and I need to work on my reverse hit.
- Dream event (non-sport or sport-related) you would like to attend - 2016 Olympic games in Rio
- Most interesting place I've visited - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Place I would like to visit - Anywhere in Europe
- Favorite home cooked meal - Stewed chicken and macaroni pie
- Favorite snack food - Yogurt with almonds and fruit
- Person I most admire - My oldest sister
- In 10 years, I would like to be - Happy. Doesn't matter where I am, who I'm with or what I'm doing, I just want to be happy!
- If I had a million dollars, I would - start up a cancer research foundation
- Most prized possession - I don't have a tangible one, but my memories are most prized.
- I would like to trade places for a day with - Beyoncé because she runs the world
- Best piece of advice you've received - Stop making excuses and just do it.
- If you could have dinner with any 3 people (alive or dead), who would they be? - My mama, Beyoncé and Ryan Gosling. It's so not obvious I'm obsessed with the last two right?
- If your parents/guardians bragged about you, what would they say? - That I've worked really hard to get to where I am today.
- Cats or Dogs? - Dogs
- Early Bird or Night Owl? - Night Owl
- Would you be the O, H, I or the O? - O!
Spring Season Coming Up for the Buckeyes
Taking Care of Business in the Classroom
Sign Up for Ohio State Field Hockey Camps