Ohio State honorees are Bongers, Nolan and Vergroesen
Teams must have had a cumulative team GPA of 3.0 or higher
In the last two weeks, three Buckeyes have graduated and 15 more earned Academic All-Big Ten honors
The total is the most since 2010
Honorees posted 3.7+ grade-point average in 2016-17
• Ohio State Scholar-Athlete
• NFCA National Academic Squad and Scholar of Distinction
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016)
• Played in five games, earning three starts.
• Saw action against Delaware (Aug. 27 and Aug. 28), No. 7 Wake Forest (Sept. 2), Ohio (Sept. 4) and No. 6 Louisville (Sept. 18).
• Averaged 50.6 minutes per game, including a season-high 61 against Wake Forest.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• NFHCA National Academic Squad honoree at Yale in 2013.
• Made varsity debut in season opener Sept. 6 vs. Virginia.
• Appeared in four games, starting all four and scoring one goal, before season-ending injury.
• First career goal came on Sept. 7 in 6-0 win vs. Sacred Heart.
• Third team NFHCA All-American 2012 as a high school senior.
• First team all-state 2011, 2012.
• First team All-Pennsylvania Region 2011, 2012.
• First team all-section 2011, 2012.
• First team All-Lancaster-Lebanon League 2011, 2012.
• Hempfield advanced to Pennsylvania state tournament each of her four years, and won the state championship in 2011.
• Ran on indoor and outdoor track teams, and was a captain on each one.
• Won A. Landis Brackbill Award as scholar-athlete from Lancaster-Lebanon Secondary School Athletic Association.
• Member of National Honor Society and Society for Academic Excellence in Foreign Language.
A Look Back At The 2017 Season