Samantha Prahalis has 800 career assits, the third most all-time in Big Ten history.
Dec. 29, 2011
#9/12 Ohio State (13-0, 0-0) at Wisconsin (4-8, 0-0)
Friday, Dec. 30, 2011 - 7/8 p.m. ET
TV: BTN (Eric Collins, Debbie Antonelli)
Radio: The Fan 1460 AM (Marty Bannister, Toni Roesch)
Listen for FREE at www.OhioStateBuckeyes.com
• The Buckeyes are 13-0 on the season -- the best season start in program history during the NCAA era.
• Ohio State finished unbeaten in non-conference play for just the second time in the NCAA era (2000-01).
• The 13-game win streak is the longest by the Buckeyes since winning 17 in a row back during the 2006-07 regular season. OSU won a school-record 20 in a row in 2005-06 and during the 1984-85 campaign.
• Ohio State has won 24 of its last 25 games dating to last season, losing only to No. 1 seed Tennessee in the 2011 NCAA Dayton Regional.
• Head coach Jim Foster recorded his 750th career win Dec. 17 at California. He is just the ninth Division I women's coach to reach 750 career victories.
• Foster is the eighth winningest active coach in Division I by wins.
• Foster is going for his 250th win at Ohio State Friday with a record of 249-62 (.800) in his 10th year in Columbus.
• Ohio State, the last unbeaten team in the Big Ten, leads the conference and ranks 14th in the NCAA with 79.1 ppg.
• As a team, Ohio State leads the Big Ten and ranks ninth in the NCAA in FG percentage at .473.
• Junior Tayler Hill and senior Samantha Prahalis both rank in the top 5 in the Big Ten in scoring at 21.2 and 17.9 ppg, respectively. Hill is tops in the Big Ten and ranks 11th nationally, while Prahalis is fourth in the Big Ten.
• Hill, the reigning Big Ten co-player of the week, scored her 1,000th career point in the win over Washington State.
• Hill has upped her scoring average nine points (+8.9) compared to this time last year, going from 12.3 ppg through 12 games last season to her 21.2 this season.
• Prahalis leads the Big Ten in FT percentage (.915).
• Prahalis leads the Big Ten and ranks third nationally in assists with 7.2 per game. She is first with 93 overall.
• Prahalis recorded her 800th career assist in the win over Washington State, becoming the third Big Ten player to record at least 800 in a career. She passed Penn State's Helen Darling (791) for third place on the all-time list.
• Ohio State has only allowed one team (UConn) to shoot 50 percent or better over the last 47 games dating to last season.
• Ohio State is 2-0 against ranked teams this season and 10-3 since the start of last season when the Buckeyes went 8-3 against ranked teams and 13-4 against 2011 NCAA Tournament teams.
• Ohio State has made more free throws (219) than opponents have attempted this season (207). The Buckeyes are 11-0 this year and 99-9 since the start of the 2007-08 season when they make more than their opponents at the line.
• Ohio State has scored 80 or more points in four of its last six games and lead the Big Ten with a +22.2 average scoring margin.
OHIO STATE - WISCONSIN SERIES
Series Record: OSU leads 44-15
Series in 2010-11: OSU, 1-0
Last Meeting: 2/27/11, OSU, 80-47
In Columbus: OSU leads 21-5
In Madison: OSU leads 16-10
Neutral Site: OSU leads 7-0
Overtime: tied 1-1
Current Win Streak: OSU - 18
Longest Win Streak: OSU - 18/UW - 6
Most OSU Points: 97 (2/13/87)
Most UW Points: 99 (1/28/94)
Most Combined Points: 189 (1/28/94)
For the complete release, click the PDF above or go to the Gameday Central page.
No. 5 Baylor Downs No. 8 Ohio State, 85-68