Buckeyes Sign Top-10 Recruit Tori McCoy To NLI
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State head coach Kevin McGuff announced on Monday afternoon that Ohio State has received a National Letter of Intent from top-10 prospect Tori McCoy from Champaign, Ill.
McCoy, a 6-4 forward, is considered one of the top recruits in the 2016 class. She led Saint Thomas More High School in Champaign to the Illinois State title game as both a freshman and sophomore, finishing runner-up in 2012-13 and winning the championship in 2013-14. She averaged 18.9 points and 9.7 rebounds as a sophomore and was named the WCIA Player of the Year.
“I’m extremely excited today to add Tori McCoy to our program,” said McGuff. “She’s certainly one of the top players in the country but more importantly, she’s a great kid who will be an unbelievable addition to our program.”
McCoy adds to an already stellar signing class for the Buckeyes. Ohio State also signed point guard Kiara Lewis (No. 22 in ESPN HoopGurlz) from Chicago, Ill, and shooting guard Jensen Caretti (No. 31 in ESPN HoopGurlz) from Clarington, Ohio.
“The three players we signed this year are all phenomenal kids and I think add to what is becoming one of the best rosters in college basketball,” McGuff added. “I couldn’t be more excited about the future of this program.”
Saint Thomas More
- Explosive, athletic, interior prospect
- Consensus five-star recruit
- Ranked in the top-10 in the class of 2016 by every outlet (No. 10 – ESPN HoopGurlz, No. 8 – Prospect Nation, No. 7 – Blue Star Report)
- Averaged 15.1 points and 10.5 rebounds as a freshman in leading Saint Thomas More to a state runner-up finish in 2012-13.
- Returned to the state title game as a junior in 2014 and led Saint Thomas More to a state championship.
- Averaged 18.9 points and grabbed 9.7 rebounds in 2013-14
- Named 2014 WCIA Player of the Year
Single Game Tickets on Sale Now
Ohio State Reveals 2017-18 Schedule