GAINESVILLE, Fla. – On a night when she scored 30 points and had a season-high five steals, Kelsey Mitchell became Ohio State’s all-time leading scorer as she led the Buckeyes to a 103-77 victory at Florida on Wednesday.
Mitchell passed Jantel Lavender who scored 2,818 career points from 2007-11. Mitchell now has 2,840 points in her career.
Sierra Calhoun was 3-of-6 from long range and 8-of-8 from the line to finish with a season-high 21 points.
Linnae Harper scored 18 points and recorded her 1,000th career point. She also grabbed nine rebounds and had two steals. Stephanie Mavunga matched Harper with nine boards to go along with her 16 points and three blocks.
Asia Doss was the fifth Buckeye starter in double-figures with 14 points, three rebounds, two assists and two steals.
The Buckeyes took control from the very start and scored the game’s first 10 points. Mitchell scored 20 of her 30 points in the first half and the Buckeyes led 51-38 at the break.
The Gators cut the deficit to a little as six points midway through the third quarter but the Buckeyes closed the quarter on a 10-3 run to extend the lead back out to 76-59 headed to the fourth.
The fourth quarter opened with three straight Buckeye steals which led to six points. That shoved the lead back out to 20 points and Florida never threatened the rest of the way.
- Mitchell passed Jantel Lavender who scored 2,818 career points from 2007-11. She is now also the No. 3 in the Big Ten in scoring with 2,840 career points.
- Mitchell’s record-breaking point came on a runner in the lane with 2:57 to play in the first quarter.
- This was Mitchell’s fifth 30-point game of the season and the 25th of her career
- Linnae Harper recorded her 1,000th career point in the game. She came into the contest 14 points shy and finished with 18 points
- Harper had two steals and has now had at least two steals in all 11 games
- Sierra Calhoun scored a season-high 21 points, one point off her career-high
- OSU shot 54.1 percent from the floor which was its second-best shooting performance of the season
- The Buckeyes win their first true road game of the season
- Buckeyes hit the 100 point mark for the third time this season
Ohio State will break for final exams and won’t return to action until it hosts Dartmouth on Friday, Dec. 15.
🏀 Ohio State Basketball Court Fan Vote 🏀