Student Athlete Support Services Office (SASSO) at The Ohio State University is committed to a comprehensive program of academic, personal, and professional development for student-athletes. SASSO collaborates with the Department of Athletics and other Ohio State units and colleges to enhance academic, personal, and career development programming, and partners with the community to bring service and leadership opportunities to student-athletes.
SASSO's Student-Athlete Development Program currently focuses on five areas of development:
- Personal - promote healthy behaviors and offer programming and resources that enhance a student-athlete's individual well-being and decision-making
- Academic - support participation in academic opportunities that enrich a student-athlete's collegiate experience, in and out of the classroom
- Involvement - offer leadership and service experiences and advocate for increased student-athlete involvement on campus and in the community
- Inclusion - expand student-athletes' worldviews, celebrate diversity, and provide an inclusive, supportive environment
- Professional - enhance career readiness and provide resources that prepare student-athletes for professional life after Ohio State
Previously known as the CHAMPS/Life Skills program, Ohio State has experienced a fruitful history in the area of student-athlete development. Ohio State is a leader at the national, conference, and university levels, earning many awards and recognition. The National Consortium for Academics and Sport awarded Ohio State the prestigious "Degree Completion Award" and the NCAA designated Ohio State as an advisory school to its Life Skills Program. The Buckeye program also holds a seat on the Division 1-A Athletic Directors Associations' CHAMPS Life Skills Program's Advisory Board and NCAA Life Skills Advisory Board. The OSU CHAMPS Program was also an inaugural recipient of the Division 1-A Athletic Directors "Program of Excellence Award."
Full Court Classroom