A reminder about tutor requests: A) Please request a tutor with at least 48 hours' notice. B) We will not be able to fill same-day tutor requests C) Contact your counselor in an urgent situation
Dr. Ruth Staveley Assistant Director
The instructions for scheduling appointments are below. You can also visit Ruth, Crystal, Brittany, Joann in the Younkin Success Center to get a quick tutorial.
Have you heard about the Tutoring Center at Fawcett?
- Next to the desired course click on "Schedule Tutor Appt".
- Select a tutor to view his/her availability. Tutors in red are NOT available to tutor your course. Note: if there are no tutors available for the course, you will need to return to "Class Information" and "Request Tutor Appt". You will be notified within 24 hours that your request has been received.
- Select two consecutive (same day) white time boxes. This will schedule a one-hour appointment. Tutoring is only offered as one-hour appointments. Note: DO NOT SCHEDULE boxes that say CONFLICT.***
- To set up a recurring appointment for the entire semester, you will select from the "Recurrence" drop down box at the bottom of the page. If you choose "Weekly", it will provide you with a list of each day during the week (Sunday through Saturday) to choose from. Choose the day(s) you wish to have the appointment(s) take place.
- Click on "Save Appointment".
- Click on "Calendar" to view saved appointment. Tutoring appointments will appear in green.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you with the date, time, tutor, and location of your appointment.
The Fawcett offers a quiet learning environment with an attached computer lab and free printing.
The Fawcett Center, located at 2400 Olentangy River Rd (across from WHAC), is open Monday through Thursday 8am-10:00pm, Friday from 8am-5pm. Entrance to the tutoring suite can be reached through the East doors, closest to the Olentangy River. "C" parking is available. (Must have parking pass!!)
Students who request tutoring will receive an appointment confirmation email from GradesFirst indicating the appointment location ("Fawcett").
(Click on Grades First logo below)