Honorees posted 3.7+ grade-point average in 2016-17
Ohio State finishes No. 14 overall in team GPA
Tomasello, Jordan, Snyder, Moore all pick up bonus points
Big Ten champion Buckeyes have seven seeded wrestlers
Tomasello, Snyder earn No. 1 seeds
• All-American (2015, 2016, 2017)
• NCAA Champion (125 lbs. 2015)
• NCAA Third Place (125 lbs. 2016; 133 lbs. 2017)
• Big Ten Champion (125 lbs. 2015, 2016; 133 lbs. 2017)
• Big Ten Distinguished Scholar (2015, 2016)
• Academic All-Big Ten (2015, 2016, 2017)
• OSU Scholar Athlete (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
• NWCA Academic All-American (2015, 2016)
• Made his first United State National Team with a 3-1 showing at the World Team Trials in Lincoln, Neb.
AS A REDSHIRT JUNIOR (2016-17)
• Big Ten Champion at 133 lbs., just the third three-time conference champion in school history.
• Defeated second-seeded Cory Clark of Iowa in the Big Ten finals, 5-4.
• Third place at NCAA Championships.
• Was 24-1 overall and 13-1 against ranked opponents.
• CKLV Invitational champion, the second title of his career.
• 11-0 in duals and 9-0 against Big Ten opponents.
• Won 11 of his matches via bonus points (six major decision, four technical falls, one fall).
• Big Ten Wrestler of the Week following 12-4 major decision over No. 4 Zane Richards of Illinois and No. 3 Eric Montoya on Nebraska.
• Averaged nearly 12.0 points/match.
AS A REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE (2015-16)
• Won his second straight Big Ten championships
• Third place at the NCAA Championships and earned All-American honors for the second consecutive year
• Finished 27-1 with 18 wins via bonus points (eight major decisions, seven tech falls, three falls)
• Beat Penn State’s Nico Megaludis 3-1 (SV-1) in the Big Ten finals
• Won his first 25 matches of the season and 44 in the row dating back to the 2014-15 season
• Big Ten Wrestler of the Week on Nov. 3 after defeating Zeke Moisey of West Virginia at the NWCA All-Star Classic
• Rowlands MVP/Outstanding Wrestler and Highest Team GPA award recipient.
AS A REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (2014-15)
• NCAA and Big Ten champion at 125 lbs.
• Finished season with an overall record of 33-4, including 8-1 against Big Ten competition during the regular season.
• Eight major decisions, six technical falls and four pins.
• Won 18 straight matches to finish the season.
• At the NCAA championships, defeated the top seeded and previously unbeaten Alan Waters of Missouri in the semifinals and then topped Zeke Moisey of West Virginia in the finals.
• Scored bonus points in three of his five NCAA matches.
• At the Big Ten championships, upset two-time NCAA champion Jesse Delgado is the semifinals and edged Iowa’s Thomas Gilman in the finals, 3-2, avenging an earlier loss to Gilman during the regular season.
• First in the team in wins (33).
• Champion at the Michigan State Open and third place at CKLV Invite.
• Amateur Wrestling News All-Rookie team.
AS A FRESHMAN (2013-14)
• In redshirt season, registered four open tournament championships at 125 pounds - Clarion Open (Nov. 3), Michigan State Open (Nov. 9) ... Greyhound Open (Feb. 1), Edinboro Open (Feb. 8).
• Posted 18-0 record in open tournaments, which included nine major decisions, two technical falls, and three falls.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Four-time Ohio High School Athletic Association champion.
• Four-time PAC League champion.
• Three-time Fargo National champion.
• FILA Cadet national champion.
• Beast of the East champion.
• Three-time Iron Man champion.
• Two-time high school First Team All-American
• Three-time Medina Invitational champion
• Three-time Top Gun champion
• Voted MVP at Iron Man championships
• Two-time MVP at Medina Invitational
• Two-time MVP at Top Gun event
• Amassed a 178-5 high school record; 37-5 as a freshman, 42-0 as a sophomore, 47-0 as a junior and 52-0 as a senior
• Owns Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy school records for Most Career Victories, Most Victories in a Season, and winning more than 160 consecutive matches
• Garnered Summit County, and Cleveland Plain Dealer Wrestler of the Year; PAC League Wrestler of the Year; PAC League Student-Athlete of the Year
• Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy was two-time state runner-up
• Also lettered in soccer.
• Son of Sue and Tom; has one brother, Troy and one sister, Rachel.
• Likes to box as a form of conditioning for wrestling.
• Aspires to wrestle in the Olympics.
• Enjoys golfing, spending time with family and swimming.
• Greatest sports thrill was winning Fargo national championships for the third time in July of 2013.