June 5, 2013
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The 21st-ranked Ohio State men’s track and field team opened the 2013 NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships in Eugene, Ore., Wednesday evening.
Sophomore Antonio Blanks earned Second Team All-America honors with a 15th-place finish in the 400m hurdles semifinals. The Dayton, Ohio, native placed sixth in the second heat of the day in a time of 51.74. USC’s Reggie Wyatt turned in the top time of the semis – 49.23 – as the Top-8 athletes advanced to the championship race on Friday.
The Buckeye 4x100m relay also ran Wednesday, placing 17th overall – fourth in its heat – in a time of 40.08. Sophomores Devin Smith, Timothy Faust and Nick Batcha, and junior Demoye Bogle represented the Scarlet and Gray in the event and will earn Honorable Mention All-America. Auburn led the eight qualifying teams with a time of 38.76 in the semifinal.
Ohio State resumes competition tomorrow afternoon beginning at 4:15 p.m. PT.
• 4:15 p.m. PT: Timothy Faust in the 200m semifinals
• 4:30 p.m. PT: Michael Hartfield and Korbin Smith in the long jump finals
• 4:45 p.m. PT: Chris Fallon in the 1500m semifinals
• 5:20 p.m. PT: Demoye Bogle in the 110m hurdle semifinals
• 6:40 p.m. PT: Blanks, Bogle, Smith and Champ Page in the 4x400m relay semifinals
Distance Crew Heads to North Carolina