Honorees posted 3.7+ grade-point average in 2016-17
Squad posts 3.0+ grade-point average, volunteers 300+ hours
Group of 13 freshmen features players from six states, including three Ohio players
• A two-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and an Academic All-Big Ten choice.
• Earned Big Ten Distinguished Scholar accolades after posting a 3.7+ grade point average in 2016-17.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017)
• Saw action in 12 games.
• Posted an assist against Furman Feb. 5.
• Groundball vs. UMass Feb. 18.
• Named an Ohio State Scholar-Athlete, Academic All-Big Ten and a Big Ten Distinguished Scholar.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016)
• Played in 13 of 15 games.
• Three groundballs.
• Assist Feb. 13 vs. Detroit for first career point.
• First career goal came vs. Marquette March 4.
• Earned Ohio State Scholar-Athlete accolades.
AT ST. FRANCIS DE SALES
• Four-year letterwinner for the Knights.
• 2015 Ohio Division II Player of the Year.
• Earned first team all-league, district and state honors in both 2014 and 2015.
• Scored gamewinner vs. Delware Hayes in 2015 regional semifinal, breaking tie in final minute.
• Also a letterwinner in basketball and cross country.
• Played for 1763 club team.
• Involved in Youth Leadership Toledo.
• Son of Tim and Sara.
• Two younger sisters, Maggie and Hannah.
• Sport industry major.
• Enjoys soccer, fishing and hiking.
Best on why he chose Ohio State
“I chose Ohio State because of its rich tradition, not only in athletics, but in academics, environment, camaraderie and Buckeye pride. Ohio State is unique because, although it is one of the largest schools in the country, it has a tightly bound community of students and alumni.”
2017-18 Academic Success
Thank You, Buckeye Nation