Highlights from the past week in Ohio State Athletics
Squad posts 3.0+ grade-point average, volunteers 300+ hours
• Three-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and a two-time Academic All-Big Ten choice.
• Traveled with Soles4Souls to Bolovia in Summer 2016.
AS A JUNIOR (2017)
• Saw action in four games.
• Played final three quarters vs. UMass Feb. 18 and had 11 saves on 15 shots in 8-7 win.
• Started both games at Midwest Lacrosse Classic and totaled 15 saves, backstopping Buckeyes to two victories; eight stops against Marquette March 3 and seven in win over Bellarmine March 5.
• Academic All-Big Ten and an Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016)
• Played Feb. 13 vs. Detroit and did not face a shot.
• Had a groundball and one goal allowed vs. Bellarmine March 6.
• Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and an Academic All-Big Ten choice.
AS A FRESHMAN (2015)
• Did not see game action.
• An Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.
AT SMITHTOWN HIGH SCHOOL
• Four-year letterwinner and two-year starter for the Bulls.
• All-county and all-division selection as a senior after posting a 70 percent save percentage and 4.4 goals-against average.
• Squad won Suffolk County Division I title.
• 65 percent save percentage as a junior and earned all-division accolades.
• Team was Suffolk County Big 6 champion in 2011, ‘12 and ‘13 and county finalist in 2012 and ’10.
• Started half of team’s games as a sophomore and had a 68 percent save percentage.
• Selected for Suffolk County rising sophomore, junior and senior showcase and was showcase MVP goalie as both a junior and senior.
• Played for Team Smithtown West club program.
• Member of National Honor Society and Athletes Helping Athletes.
• Selected to Leadership Class for his school and received the Gold Cord, which is given to a student with an overall GPA of 4.0 or higher throughout high school.
• Son of Michael and Amy.
• Has a sister, Allison.
• Biology major.
• Enjoys hanging out with friends, going to the gym and listening to music.
Smidt on why he chose Ohio State
“During the recruiting process, I visited a number of schools and was introduced to a number of coaches. When I visited The Ohio State University, I felt like I was home. The athletic facilities and the coaching staff, as well as the academics, made my decision an easy one.”
The Greatest Rivalry
Fall Ball 2017 Recap