Junior had 10 ground balls, four caused turnovers last weekend
Robby Haus and Carter Brown recognized as 2016 Team MVPs
Ohio State represented on both Team USA and Team Canada
Squad posts 3.0+ grade-point average, volunteers 300+ hours
Group of 13 freshmen features players from six states, including three Ohio players
Borges and Evans Preview UM Game
Gameday photo gallery from the 2017 Men's Lacrosse Final Four at Gillette Stadium.
Buckeyes Win NCAA First Round Game
Buckeyes Beat Terps in OT
Ohio State Downs Dolphins, 14-8
2016 Golf Outing, Alumni Game and Banquet
• Two-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and an Academic All-Big Ten selection.
• Voted team’s Most Outstanding Freshman in 2016.
AS A JUNIOR (2018)
• Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week (3/6/18) and picking up 10 ground balls and causing five turnovers in games versus Marquette and Detroit.
• Started all 15 contests and ran his consecutive starts streak to 36 games dating back to the 2017 season.
• Helped Ohio State finish the regular season with the Big Ten’s best scoring defense, allowing an average of just 8.52 goals per game.
• The Buckeyes allowed just 7.00 goals per game over their last four contests – all against ranked teams.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017)
• Started all 21 games at close defense.
• 15 groundballs and six caused turnovers.
• Had four groundballs and a caused turnover at Rutgers April 29, with two shots on goal.
• Picked up two groundballs and caused two turnovers at Notre Dame March 25.
• Buckeye defense ranked 11th in the NCAA and first in the Big Ten, holding opponents to 8.38 goals per game.
• Earned Ohio State Scholar-Athlete accolades and was named to the Academic All-Big Ten team.
• Won gold medal with Team USA at the Under-19 World Championship.
• Played in five games and had four groundballs.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016)
• Played in all 15 games.
• Team’s Most Outstanding Freshman.
• Fourth on the team with 26 groundballs and tied for second with seven caused turnovers.
• Four groundballs and two caused turnovers at Johns Hopkins April 9.
• Four groundballs and caused a turnover vs. Towson March 15.
• Picked up three loose balls and had a caused turnover at Maryland April 24.
• Two caused turnovers vs. UMBC Feb. 26.
• Three groundballs vs. Notre Dame March 26.
• An Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.
GARDEN CITY HIGH SCHOOL
• Four-year letterwinner for the Trojans.
• Two-time all-county honoree.
• Earned Most Outstanding Defenseman honor and served as team captain in 2015.
• Played for FLG club program.
• Also a two-year letterwinner in both football and ice hockey.
• Team won 2015 conference championship.
• Earned football defensive MVP honors in 2014.
• Son of Michael and Renee.
• Has an older brother, Michael.
• Father played football at Hofstra.
• Cousin Joe Vitale played collegiate lacrosse at Adelphi and in the MLL.
• Uncle Don Borges played lacrosse at C.W. Post and in the MLL.
• Finance major.
Borges on why he chose Ohio State
“I chose Ohio State for a few reasons. I immediately saw the passion Coach Myers and his staff had for the players, which makes it so much more than a team, it's a family. I also fell in love with the campus and the atmosphere as a whole the first time I got out there. It's truly something special to be a part of. Ohio State will give me the opportunity to succeed on and off the field.”
2017-18 Academic Success
Thank You, Buckeye Nation