Senior captains among 20 candidates nationwide
Kelly, Chell, Evans and Lori voted to lead Ohio State this season
Highlights from the past week in Ohio State Athletics
Squad posts 3.0+ grade-point average, volunteers 300+ hours
Kelly scores gamewinner with four seconds remaining
Gameday photo gallery from the 2017 Men's Lacrosse Final Four at Gillette Stadium.
Buckeyes End Regular Season at Rutgers
Buckeyes Post 6-3 Win at Towson
Buckeyes Post 12-4 Win over Cleveland State
Ohio State 8, Massachusetts 7
• Three-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and two-time Academic All-Big Ten pick.
• Shared Paul Hartman Most Improved Player honors in 2015.
• ECAC Rookie of the Week selection.
• 2018 team captain.
• 2018 Senior CLASS Award candidate
• Graduated with a double major in marketing and insurance from the Fisher College of Business.
AS A REDSHIRT SENIOR (2018)
• Scored a career high four goals - two in each half - in a 13-6 season-opening win over Cleveland State (2/3/18).
• Named to the USILA Division I Team of the Week (2/5/18).
• Ohio State’s Big Ten Sportsmanship Award honoree.
• Started all 12 games that he played in.
• Scored 10 goals, dished out six assists and finished with 16 points.
• Compiled seven points in the first two games of the season.
• Had a three-point outing (goal, two assists) against Notre Dame (3/25).
AS A REDSHIRT JUNIOR (2017)
• Saw action in 20 of 21 games, missing only contest vs. Denver March 19.
• 10 points, with seven goals and three assists.
• Played shortstick d-middie late in season; had two caused turnovers and a groundball against Towson in NCAA semifinals May 27 and caused a turnover vs. Maryland in the NCAA final May 29.
• Goal and an assist vs. Maryland April 22.
• Three points, with two goals and an assist, vs. Detroit Mercy Feb. 11.
• Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten.
AS A JUNIOR (2016)
• Was granted a medical redshirt.
• Played in four games, with five goals, three assists and eight points.
• Missed last 11 games with injury.
• Five points, with hat trick and two assists, at UMass Feb. 20.
• Gamewinning goal in final minute at Furman Feb. 6 to open season.
• Goal vs. UMBC Feb. 26.
• Named an Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2015)
• Played in 15 games, starting 11, including the last nine.
• Career-high 12 goals, eight asists and 20 points.
• Ended season on nine-game point streak (11g, 6a, 17p), with five multiple-point outings in stretch.
• Two goals and an assist for three points at Denver May 16 in NCAA quarterfinals.
• Career-high three assists and four points, with a groundball and caused turnover, in NCAA Tournament win at Duke May 9; game was first career multiple-assist outing.
• Assist April 30 vs. Maryland and goal May 2 vs. Johns Hopkins in Big Ten Tournament.
• Two goals April 25 at Rutgers and April 18 vs. Maryland.
• Two points, with a goal and an assist, at Michigan April 18.
• Goal March 29 at Penn State, April 5 vs. Johns Hopkins and March 1 vs. Marquette.
• Helpers against Hofstra March 7 and vs. Denver March 14.
• Voted co-recipient of Paul Hartman Most Improved Player accolades.
• Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten honoree.
AS A FESHMAN (2014)
• Played in 13 games, starting six.
• Two goals and three assists for five points, along with five groundballs.
• Scored April 26 at Fairfield to earn ECAC Rookie of the Week honors.
• Goal and an assist at Denver March 15 for first career points and also had a groundball in the game.
• Assist and a groundball March 21 vs. Bellarmine.
• Helper vs. Jacksonville April 26.
• Also had groundballs March 8 vs. Hofstra and March 25 vs. Notre Dame.
AT CALVERT HALL
• Four year lacrosse letterman under coach Brian Kelly.
• Three year starter.
• 2011-2012 Under Armour All-American and MIAA Champions.
• Received highest honor in social studies upon graduation.
• Son of John and Tee Kelly.
• Brother of Hannah, Allie, Lydia, Miciah and Bode.
• Grandfather served in the Senate.
• Insurance major.
• Hobbies include hunting, fishing, boating, water sports and spending time with friends and family.