Buckeyes have produced 10 MLL Draft picks in last three years
Seniors talked about January prep prior to scrimmage at Duke
Kelly, Chell, Evans and Lori voted to lead Ohio State this season
Junior led Buckeye defensive effort in win vs Massachusetts
Squad posts 3.0+ grade-point average, volunteers 300+ hours
Borges and Evans Preview UM Game
Gameday photo gallery from the 2017 Men's Lacrosse Final Four at Gillette Stadium.
Buckeyes Down Wolverines, 18-7
Ohio State Downs Dolphins, 14-8
Buckeyes at Maryland
Ohio State at Hofstra
• 2018 USILA Honorable Mention All-American.
• 2018 USILA Scholar All-American.
• Three-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and a two-time Academic All-Big Ten selection.
• Shared Paul Hartman Most Improved Player honors in 2015.
• Started 56 straight games from 2015-18.
• 2018 team captain.
• Graduated with a degree in sport industry from the College of Education and Human Ecology.
AS A SENIOR (2018)
• Started all 15 games and finished his career by making 55 straight starts over three seasons.
• Caused 15 turnovers, tied for the most of the team.
• Scored the first goal of his career on Senior Day versus No. 9 Rutgers.
• Led a defense that was first in the Big Ten in goals-against average (8.52) and gave up just 7.00 goals/game in the final five games of the season – all against ranked opponents.
• Selected to the 2018 Big Ten All-Tournament Team.
• Drafted in the sixth round of the Major League Lacrosse Draft (No. 47 overall selection) by the Atlanta Blaze.
AS A JUNIOR (2016)
• Starter on defense for all 21 games.
• Buckeyes were first in the Big Ten and 11th nationally in scoring defense, holding opponents to 8.38 goals per game.
• Had 28 groundballs and team-high 16 caused turnovers.
• Three groundballs in NCAA semifinals vs. Towson March 27.
• Career-high four groundballs and a caused turnover vs. Johns Hopkins April 9.
• Caused two turnovers at Towson March 15 in 6-3 win.
• Three caused turnovers against Detroit Mercy Feb. 11.
• Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week after leading defensive effort in 8-7 win over UMass Feb. 18; forced a turnover in final 20 seconds to seal the victory, along with picking up a groundball.
• Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and earned Academic All-Big Ten accolades.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016)
• Started all 15 games.
• 16 groundalls and five caused turnovers.
• Three groundballs vs. Bellarmine March 6, Towson March 15 and Maryland April 24.
• Two caused turnovers vs. UMass Feb. 20.
• Named an Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and an Academic All-Big Ten selection.
AS A FRESHMAN (2015)
• Played in 15 games, starting seven (including the last five).
• 15 groundballs and five caused turnovers.
• Three groundballs and a caused turnover April 12 at Michigan.
• Two groundballs and two caused turnovers in NCAA quarterfinals at Denver May 16.
• Two groundballs and a caused turnover vs. Duke in NCAA First Round May 9.
• Two groundballs vs. Maryland April 18 and Dartmouth Feb. 21.
• Groundball and a caused turnover vs. Maryland in B1G Tournament semifinal win April 30.
• Named an Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Four-year letterwinner at Calvert Hall.
• All-MIAA and all-state as a senior.
• Named team’s defensive MVP and the Varsity Sports Network 2014 Defensive Player of the Year.
• Member of MIAA lacrosse (2012), football (2010) and basketball (2011) championship teams.
• Played for Baltimore Crabs club team.
• Two-time All-MIAA in football and earned all-state honors as a senior after leading team in receiving yards.
• Son of Kristine Matthews and John J. Evans.
• Siblings include Adam, Kaitlyn and stepbrother Scott Matthews Jr.
• Scott was a four-year letterwinner and team captain for the Ohio State men’s lacrosse team (2006-09) who earned First Team All-GWLL honors twice.
• Enjoys all sports, spending time with family and friends and vacations.
• Sport industry major.