Robby Haus and Carter Brown recognized as 2016 Team MVPs
OhioStateBuckeyes.com catches up with the junior following his summer internship
Squad posts 3.0+ grade-point average, volunteers 300+ hours
Thirty-seven student-athletes will be interning this summer
Withers receives specialist award, Barger named defensive player of the week
• A three-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and a two-time Academic All-Big Ten choice.
• Bucks Go Pro intern in Summer 2016.
AS A JUNIOR (2017)
• Saw action in eight games.
• Had two groundballs and a caused turnover.
• Academic All-Big Ten honoree and Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016)
• Played in all 15 games and had 14 groundballs and four caused turnovers.
• B1G Defensive Player of the Week after three caused turnovers and two groundballs at Furman Feb. 6.
• First career assist April 9 at Johns Hopkins.
• Scored a goal and had two groundballs and a caused turnover vs. Detroit Feb. 13.
• Two groundballs against Rutgers April 30 and Notre Dame March 26.
• An Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and Academic All-Big Ten selection.
AS A FRESHMAN (2015)
• Started first six games at close defense and played in all 19, mainly at LSM in last 13.
• 28 groundballs and eight caused turnovers.
• Only Buckeye freshman to play in all 19 games.
• Eight games with multiple groundballs.
• Team-high five groundballs March 14 in win over Denver.
• Two groundballs in NCAA game at Denver May 16 and one in NCAA first-round win at Duke May 9.
• Two caused turnovers and two groundballs April 25 at Rutgers and took three faceoffs.
• Three groundballs vs. both Michigan April 12 and Towson March 17.
• Named an Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Three-year letterwinner for the Greyhounds.
• Played for Baltimore Crabs club program and was the Crab Feast Defensive MVP.
• Under Armour Underclassmen Baltimore All-America team.
• Also a three-year letterwinner in soccer, played squash and earned Triple Threat award as a junior for lettering in all three sports.
Barger on why he became a Buckeye:
“I chose Ohio State because it was where I felt most comfortable. I loved the coaches, the school, the environment and the team.”