The Buckeyes take on Minnesota Duluth in the NCAA semifinals Thursday
Buckeyes will take on Minnesota Duluth Thursday in semifinals
Ohio State captured the Midwest Regional
The Buckeyes head to Saint Paul, Minnesota for the national semifinals
Ohio State topped Princeton 4-2
Jobst, Laczynski, Romeo - NCAA Frozen Four Preview
Mason Jobst - B1G Tournament Final Preview
Mason Jobst - MSU Home Series Preview
Mason Jobst - Michigan Home Series Preview
The Mighty Bucks - The Buck Attack is Back!
The Buckeyes and Bulldogs clash for the right to play in the national championship.
For the first time since 1998, the Buckeyes make their way to the Frozen Four in search of their first national championship.
Ohio State faced Princeton in the PPL Center in Allentown, Pa.
Ohio State won 4-3 in overtime to advance to the tournament semifinals (Photo credit Mac Connor)
Ohio State Wins B1G Tournament Quarterfinal Game One, 6-2
Attracted to Ohio State because of the chance to play in the Big Ten and it is close to home with top-notch coaches and facilities ... became interested in hockey at age 3 after receiving a hockey stick and started skating at age 4 ... lives one mile from Indianapolis Motor Speeedway ... played with Buckeye senior Janik Moser in junior hockey ... Pick one: Movie - Wolf of Wall Street; Television show - Breaking Bad; Professional teams - Indianapolis Colts and Chicago Blackhawks; Homecooked meal - steak; snack food - acai berries; Ice cream flavor - birthday cake; Vacation spot - fishing cabin in Canada; Magazine - Forbes.
Ohio State Career: 2017 Second Team All-American and First Team All-B1G, along with co-B1G Scoring Champion ... B1G Preseason Player to Watch in 2016-17 and 2017-18 ... 2016 Big Ten All-Freshman Team ... two-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and an Academic All-Big Ten selection.2017-18 (Junior Season, through Feb. 24):
- 16 goals (3 gamewinners), 19 assists, 35 points; 3rd in B1G in goals and 6th in points; 2nd in B1G with 7 power play goals and t-1st with 17 power play points; 14 points (7g, 7a) in last 11 games (point in all but 2 of the games in the stretch)
- finished B1G play 2nd with 26 points and t-2nd with 13 goals and ranked first with 1.13 points per game; Top 10 in B1G in conference points for third straight year
- 2nd all-time in points in Big Ten games only, with 80 points (35g, 45a) in 63 games (behind Minnesota's Justin Kloos/29-57-86 in 80 games); 1st among B1G players (minimum 30 games) with 1.27 points per game in league games only; 35 career Big Ten goals ranks second all-time behind former teammate Nick Schilkey (36) and shares B1G record for power play goals with Schilkey with 14 each; ranks 2nd (behind Kloos/57) in career assists in B1G play
- Point in 23 of 33 games, including in 20 of the last 26 (DNP 1/13 at PSU because of injury)
- 120 career points, ranking 7th among all NCAA players and 3rd among juniors, 4th with 1.12 career ppg among players in at least their second year
- 4 points in sweep of Wisconsin 2/23-24; 2 assists in game one and 2 goals (one shorthanded) in game two
- 5-game point streak 1/12-2/3; During streak: 2 goals at Penn State 1/12; Goal and an assist vs. Michigan in 1/26, shorthanded goal and 6 blocked shots in game two vs. UM 1/27; Assist in game one vs. Michigan State 2/2, with 2 assists in game two 2/3
- 3 assists in sweep of Niagara 12/29-30
- 4 points in sweep of Minnesota; Assist (100th career point) in game one and 2 goals and an assist in game two, with +3 mark
- Goal and an assist at UConn 11/11
- Scored two PPG at UMass 10/20, including 3rd period gamewinner
- B1G First Star of the Week after season-opening series at Wisconsin; 2 goals in season opener (first goal was an #SCTop10 Play of the Day and NCAA Play of the Week; second was GWG with 1:16 left in regulation); 2 assists in game two
- Played in 100th career game 2/2 vs. Michigan State
Summer 2017: Attended NHL development camps with Boston and Pittsburgh as a free agent invitee.
2016-17 (Sophomore Season): Led B1G with 55 points, on 19 goals and 36 assists, en route to Second Team All-American and First Team All-Big Ten accolades ... played in all 39 games ... eighth nationally with 1.41 points per game and sixth with .92 assists per outing ... seventh in NCAA in points and tied for second in assists ... led NCAA with 1.62 points per game over second half of the season and had a point in all but three of the last 24 games, including a 14-game point streak (Dec. 3-Feb. 11, with 11g, 17a, 28p) ... co-B1G Scoring Champion with 34 points in 20 league games, ranking first with 21 assists and second with 13 goals; had nine points (4g, 5a) in last four B1G games to climb into share of lead ... led B1G with 478 faceoff wins and ranked seventh in faceoff winning percentage (.549); led league in total faceoffs (870) ... most assists for a Buckeye since 1992 and first Buckeye to post 30+ assists since 2005 (only third since 1998 with 30+); 55 points was most for a Buckeye since 1998; first Buckeye with 50+ points since RJ Umberger in 2003 ... 19 multiple point outings on the year, tying for third in the NCAA ... B1G First Star and NCAA Second Star after three goals and four points at Penn State Jan. 20-21; two goals in the third period, tying the game twice, in 3-3 OT tie in game one; power play goal and an assist on gamewinner in game two ... B1G First Star of the Week March 7 after B1G best five points in series vs. Michigan State; two assists and three points in game one, with goal and an assist in game two ... B1G Second Star of the Week after a goal and an assist in sweep of Wisconsin March 10-11 ... six points in series at Michigan Feb. 3-4; two assists in game one; four points, with two goals and two assists, in game two ... scored first career shorthanded goal vs. Arizona State Jan. 14 and also tallied shorthanded March 3 at Michigan State ... four points in B1G Tournament, with 1-2-3 line vs. Michigan State March 16 and helper vs. Wisconsin March 17 ... four points at Minnesota Dec. 3 (2g, 2a) ... 30 points came on the power play, as Buckeyes led NCAA with .316 power play percentage ... an Academic All-Big Ten honoree and Ohio State Scholar-Athlete ... voted team’s MVP.
2015-16 (Freshman Season): Big Ten All-Freshman Team selection after leading Buckeye rookies with 12 goals, 18 assists and 30 points ... tied for third in points among Big Ten freshmen and tied for 17th among all B1G players ... 12th in NCAA in rookie points per game (.86) ... played in 35 of 36 games and had a point in 19 of the last 28 games ... scored overtime gamewinner and had an assist vs. Michigan State in B1G Tournament quarterfinals ... B1G Third Star of the Week after seven points in series vs. Michigan Jan. 15/17; goal, three assists and four points in game one and had three points, with a goal and two assists, in game two ... two goals were NCAA Plays of the Week - Jan. 29 vs. Michigan State and Jan. 23 vs. Penn State ... scored lone goal unassisted at Michigan State March 12 in 1-1 overtime tie ... had gamewinner vs. the Spartans Jan. 30 ... three assists vs. Cornell in Florida College Classic championship game ... goal and an assist Nov. 14 vs. Canisius for first multiple-point night ... first career point and goal came Oct. 17 at Miami ... voted team’s Rookie of the Year ... Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.
Prior to Ohio State: Played four seasons with the Muskegon Lumberjacks of the USHL, serving as team captain each of his last two years ... limited to 11 regular season games because of injury in 2014-15, posting two goals and five assists for seven points ... inserted into lineup for Clark Cup Final and had three points (1g, 2a) in three games ... started with the squad in 2011-12, playing in 32 games and posting a 2-8-10 line ... skated in 67 games in 2012-13 and had 24 points, with six goals and 18 assists ... in 2013-14, played in 49 games and had 45 points, including 35 assists ... started 2011-12 with the Indiana Jr. Ice U-18 team (recording five goals and six assists for 11 points in 13 games) before joining the Lumberjacks and skated with the team for 26 games in 2010-11, posting 22 points (8g, 14a) ... also played lacrosse and golf ... graduated from Speedway High School in 2012.
Off the Ice: Son of John and Amy ... an only child ... real estate and urban analysis major and would like to work in business in commerical real estate investing and/or as an entrepreneur ... enjoys fishing.
Buckeye Hockey Update
Academic Standouts Recognized