Ohio State records its best round of the Regional
Buckeye sophomore fires even par 70 in second round
Ohio State tied for ninth place
Ohio State to compete out west
Ohio State jumps up into third place on final day
• OSU Scholar-Athlete (2017)
• Logged 23 rounds overall, recording a 73.74 season stroke average
• Contributed 14.5 scores to the team tally in six events as a member of the OSU lineup
• Ranked second on the team with four rounds in the 60's
• Tied for 19th at both the Linger Longer Invitational (March 19-21) and Boilermaker Invitational (Apr. 15-16)
• Concluded the Boilermaker Invitational firing a 6-under 66 to tie for the low score all season by a Buckeye
• Selected for the lineup in the final six events of the season
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
• Captured the 2013 Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) Divison-III individual state title, setting an OSU Golf Club Scarlet Course high school record of 144 (73-71) in 36 holes of play
• Three-time Future Collegians World Tour (FCWT) event champion, earning 2015 FCWT East Region Player of the Year and First Team All-FCWT accolades
• Found much success competing in the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) as well, posting top-5 showings in both the 2014 AJGA Memorial Junior (third) and the Gary Woodland Championship (fourth)
• Earned runner-up honors for the 60th Eastern Amateur Golf Tournament in July '16
• Also the recipient of the FCWT's 'Good of the Game' character award, presented annually to one boy and one girl whom embody the Jack Nicklaus quote - "A kid grows up a lot faster on the golf course. Golf teaches you how to behave."
• Son of Karen Sloan and Jeg Coughlin, Jr.
• Has a stepsister, Carly
• Father is a six-time NHRA Drag Racing World Champion
• Uncles have also combined for four more World Championships as members of drag racing's most successful family
• A family resource management major.
|Year||Rds.||Strokes||Avg.||Low 54||Low Rd.||Top-5's||Top-10's||Top-25's||2016-17||23||1,696||73.74||213||66||-||-||2|