Fever, Fireworks among Football Festivities Saturday
Special band performance to include fireworks show, Archie Griffin to sign autographs pregame
With the help of head coach Jim Tressel’s attire during his weekly press luncheon, word on “Scarlet Fever” has spread as the fight with the Nittany Lions for first place in the Big Ten grows closer.
All Buckeye fans attending the game Saturday are encouraged to wear Scarlet.
As the game approaches, more and more fan-friendly activities have been announced for the 2008 Homecoming date (http://homecoming.osu.edu/).
- As part of a special performance by the Ohio State University Marching Band, a fireworks display will enhance the halftime show. Fans should be advised of the added noise elements that will accompany the fireworks show.
- Before the band enters the field, Ohio State will honor former Buckeye head coach John Cooper (1988-2000) for his induction into the College Football Hall of Fame Class of 2009.
- Archie Griffin has been added to the lineup to sign autographs at the “Sports Illustrated Evolution of the Game Presented by Nissan” tent outside St. John Arena. College football’s only two-time Heisman Trophy winner and current president of the Ohio State Alumni Association will sign from 12:45 p.m.-2:45 p.m. before former Buckeye quarterbacks Craig Krenzel (2:30-4 p.m.) and Bob Hoying (4-5:30 p.m.) begin signing.
To go along with its “Evolution of the Game” SI will hand out 35,000 copies of a collector’s edition issue of “Game Breakers” that features Griffin on the cover.
- The Big Ten Network will send its Big Ten Football Saturday Game Day set and Big Ten Friday Night Tailgate show to Columbus this weekend. Airing at 11 p.m. ET, Friday Night Tailgate gets a taste of the Homecoming Week atmosphere at Ohio State as the Buckeyes and their fans get ready for the game against Penn State. Fans should arrive at the south side of St. John Arena at 6 p.m. ET Friday (10/24) for FNT. Fans can be a part of the Saturday Game Day Set, from 11 a.m.-noon Saturday (10/25) at the South side of Converse Hall/ROTC Building.
- ESPN’s College Game Day also will be on hand Saturday outside the south St. John Arena entrance. The show airs live at 10 a.m.
- Also prior to the game, the Ohio State men’s and women’s basketball teams will offer fans a preview to the season by holding open practices at Value City Arena. The women’s team will has its open session from noon-2, while the men will scrimmage from 4-5. VCA gates open at 11 a.m.
Ohio State’s Official Team Shop is located on the northwest side of the Schottenstein Center concourse.
- Women’s hockey drops the puck vs. Bemidji State at 1 p.m. at the OSU Ice Rink, located just near the Game Day show sets. Admission is free.
NFL Draft: What They're Saying
12 Buckeyes Selected in 2016 NFL Draft
NFL Draft Day 2 Tweet-Cap