No. 2 Ohio State at No. 8 Wisconsin
Saturday, October 15th, 2016, 8 p.m. ET
Camp Randall Stadium (80,321), Madison, WI
Chris Fowler (Play-By-Play)
Kirk Herbstreit (Analyst)
Sam Ponder (Sideline)
Radio: WBNS FM (97.1 The Fan) The Urban Meyer pregame show airs 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Paul Keels will call the action with former Buckeye Jim Lachey and Matt Andrews on the sidelines. The game can also be heard on Compass Media Networks and Sirius-XM channels 84 with Gregg Daniels and Chad Brown on the call.
FIRST AND 10
- Saturday's game in Madison is the first of four consecutive night games for the Buckeyes.
- Ohio State ranks second in the FBS in scoring defense, allowing just 10.8 points per game. The Buckeyes are the only FBS team to not allow a rushing TD this season.
- Ohio State is fourth in the FBS in turnover margin (+8) with 12 turnovers caused (10 INTs, 2 fumble recoveries) against four turnovers.
- Ohio State ranks third in the FBS and first in the Big Ten with 53.2 points per game. The 266 points scored by the Buckeyes over the first five games are the most in program history.
- Over the past seven games dating to 2015, Ohio State ranks 2nd in the FBS in scoring (50.3 ppg).
- QB J.T. Barrett (86 career TDs) needs three more touchdowns (rushing and/or passing) to break Braxton Miller's school record of 88 TDs responsible for.
- Barrett became Ohio State's all-time leader with four more TD passes in the win over Rutgers, breaking Bobby Hoying's previous record of 57. Barrett now has 60 career TD passes.
- RB Mike Weber leads the Big Ten with 113.2 yards per game to go along with four TDs. He has totaled 566 rushing yards on 83 attempts and has just two rushes for negative yardage.
- Head coach Urban Meyer has the highest winning percentage (.855) among active coaches with at least 10 years of FBS coaching experience.
- Meyer is 34-13 in his career against Top 25 competition, including 13-3 at Ohio State. He also is a perfect 16-0 at Ohio State in the month of October.
ON TO WISCONSIN
Ohio State has played four of its first give games at home - the exception a tough road game in Norman against the now 3-2 Sooners - but this week starts consecutive weeks of road night games in hostile Big Ten country against teams that will have enjoyed the prior week off. This week it's an 8 p.m. game at Camp Randall Stadium against the 4-1 Wisconsin Badgers and in two weeks Ohio State travels to State College for an 8 p.m. game against Penn State in what will be "white-out" conditions at Beaver Stadium and where the Nittany Lions are 4-0 this year.
ESPN COLLEGE GAMEDAY TAKES THE SHOW TO MADISON
ESPN's College Gameday, America's premier college football preview show, will be broadcasting its show in Madison prior to Saturday's marquee matchup at Camp Randall Stadium.
This will be Ohio State's 36th appearance on the show, tied for the second most all-time with Alabama. Ohio State has hosted 14 times, second most behind Alabama.
FOUR CONSECUTIVE NIGHT GAMES
The game at Wisconsin begins a stretch of four consecutive night games for Ohio State with home games against Northwestern and Nebraska following the game at Penn State.
51-23 ALL-TIME AT NIGHT
Ohio State has won 12 consecutive night games and is officially 51-23 all-time in such games (those starting after 5 p.m. local time), including records of 37-19 in road (25-10) or neutral (12-9) games. Ohio State is 1-2 all-time in night games at Camp Randall Stadium, including a 31-18 loss in 2010 when Wisconsin returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown, built a 21-0 lead and stunned No. 1 Ohio State, 33-18. Ohio State is 4-2 vs. Wisconsin all-time at night.
OHIO STATE VS. WISCONSIN AT NIGHT
2003 - Wisconsin 17, Ohio State 10 at Camp Randall
2008 - Ohio State 20, Wisconsin 17 at Ohio Stadium
2010 - Wisconsin 31, Ohio State 18 at Camp Randall
2011 - Ohio State 33, Wisconsin 29 at Ohio Stadium
2013 - Ohio State 31, Wisconsin 24 at Ohio Stadium
2014 - Ohio State 59, Wisconsin 0 at Lucas Oil Stadium
RIGHT NOW: FUTURE OPPONENTS 27-10
The game against Wisconsin, unbeaten at home (2-0) and 4-1 overall, sets in motion a stern series of games the rest of the schedule. Ohio State's next seven opponents are a combined 27-10 and include three teams in the Top 15 of the national rankings: No. 11 Wisconsin, No. 12 Nebraska and No. 4 Michigan.
ROAD WIN STREAK TOPS IN THE NCAA
Ohio State has won a school-record 19 consecutive true road games (games on an opponents home field), the longest such streak in the nation. The Buckeyes are undefeated, a perfect 19-0, in road games under head coach Urban Meyer.
Ohio State's last lost on the road was in the 2011 regular season finale at Michigan.
MEYER IN FIRST-TIME COACHING MATCHUPS
The game Saturday will mark the first coaching matchup between teams coached by Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer and Wisconsin coach Paul Chryst, who is in his fifth year as a collegiate coach and second season at Wisconsin, his alma mater. Chryst is the 107th different coach that Meyer will game plan against. Meyer is 91-15 in first-time coaching matchups.
MEYER VS. RANKED TEAMS
Head coach Urban Meyer is 34-13 in his career against Top 25 competition, including 13-3 at Ohio State.
|Sept. 29||at #20 Michigan State||W, 17-16|
|Oct. 6||#21 Nebraska||W, 63-38|
|Nov. 24||#20 Michigan||W, 26-21|
|Sept. 28||#23 Wisconsin||W, 31-24|
|Oct. 5||at #16 Northwestern||W, 40-30|
|Dec. 7||vs. #10 Michigan State*||L, 24-34|
|Jan. 3||vs. #8 Clemson#||L, 35-40|
* B1G Championship at Indianapolis
# Orange Bowl at Miami Gardens, Fla.
|Nov. 8||at #8 Michigan State||W, 49-37|
|Nov. 15||at #25 Minnesota||W, 31-24|
|Dec. 6||vs. #13 Wisconsin*||W, 59-0|
|Jan. 1||vs. #1 Alabama#||W, 42-35|
|Jan. 12||vs. #2 Oregon^||W, 42-10|
* B1G Championship at Indianapolis
# Sugar Bowl; College Football Playoff semifinal at New Orlans, La.
^National Championship at Arlington, Texas
|Nov. 21||#9 Michigan State||L, 14-17|
|Nov. 28||at #10 Michigan||W, 42-13|
|Jan. 1||vs. #8 Notre Dame#||W, 42-28|
# Fiesta Bowl at Glendale, Ariz.
|Sept. 17||at #14 Oklahoma||W, 45-24|
350TH WIN AS TOP 10 TEAM
Ohio State's victory over Indiana on Saturday was the 350th victory for the program as a nationally-ranked Top 10 team. Ohio State has played 439 games with a Top 10 national ranking and has posted a 350-80-9 record in those games.
LOOKING BACK AT OHIO STATE'S WIN OVER INDIANA
Buckeyes in the NFL - Divisional Round