COLUMBUS, Ohio – Senior H-back Dontre Wilson, who has accumulated 2,277 all-purpose yards at Ohio State, was named today to the watch list for the 2016 Paul Hornung Award, presented by Texas Roadhouse. The award is commissioned by the Louisville (Ky.) Sports Commission (LSC).
Wilson, a 5-10, 195-pound senior from DeSoto, Texas and DeSoto High School, has 1,218 kickoff return yards among his all-purpose total, a figure that ranks among the Top 5 totals in school history. His 50 receptions, for 573 yards, are team-high statistics entering the 2016 campaign.
A three-year Varsity O letterwinner, Wilson has played in 33 games the past three seasons and has made six starts. He is majoring in criminology.
The Paul Hornung Award is given annually by the LSC to the most versatile player in major college football. This will be the seventh year for the award to be presented.
Buckeyes on 2016 Watch Lists
- CB Jarrod Barnes – Wuerffel Trophy
- QB J.T. Barrett – Maxwell Award, Davey O’Brien Award
- LB Dante Booker – Butkus Award
- OC Pat Elflein – Rimington Trophy, Outland Trophy, Allstate AFCA Good Works Team
- P Cameron Johnnston – Ray Guy Award
- DE Tyquan Lewis – Bednarik Award, Nagurski Trophy
- LB Raekwon McMillan – Bednarik Award, Nagurski Trophy, Butkus Award
- OG Billy Price – Outland Trophy
- H-Back Dontre Wilson – Paul Hornung Award
Draft Day: Denzel Ward