Six more from 2013 team are Ohio State graduates
May 5, 2014
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Six more members of the 2013 Ohio State football team received their bachelor's degree Sunday during spring commencement exercises at Ohio Stadium. A total of 11 student-athletes who were seniors on the football team last year have now graduated.
The six, who were among the 155 student-athletes to graduate today, include three more members of the offensive line that was so integral in Ohio State's record-setting offenses the past two seasons, including ranking fifth nationally in rushing in 2013 (308.6 yards per game) and shattering school records for points scored (637), touchdowns (87) and touchdown passes (38). The three are Jack Mewhort (family resource management), Andrew Norwell (communications) and Marcus Hall (African and African-American studies).
They join center Corey Linsley (graduated in December with a degree in economics) as offensive line starters who are now Ohio State graduates.
Receiver Chris Fields (sociology), four-time OSU Scholar-Athlete and three-time Academic All-Big Ten honoree Ivon Blackman (political science) and Darryl Baldwin (marketing) also earned their degrees today. Baldwin, a two-time Academic All-Big Ten honoree and a three-time OSU Scholar-Athlete, is vying to be a starter along the Ohio State offensive line in the fall as he still has a his fourth year of eligibility.
Another outstanding Buckeye also graduated today: John Simon. The two-time team captain and the 2012 Big Ten Conference Defensive Player of the Year and Defensive Lineman of the Year graduated today with his degree in sports and leisure studies. Simon is currently a member of the Baltimore Ravens.
2013-14 Ohio State Graduates
- OT Darryl Baldwin - marketing
- SAF C.J. Barnett (Dayton) - sociology/criminology
- K Drew Basil (Chillicothe) - strategic communications
- OG Ivon Blackman - (Bedford) political science
- WR Chris Fields (Painesville) - sociology
- QB Kenny Guiton (Houston, Texas) - family resource management
- OG Marcus Hall (Cleveland) - African and African-American studies
- OC Corey Linsley (Youngstown) - economics
- LS George Makridis (Warren) - political science
- OT Jack Mewhort (Toledo) - family resource management
- OT Andrew Norwell (Cincinnati) - communications
Scarlet & Gray Super Sunday