Nov. 17, 2012
VIDEO: BTN Highlights
No. 6 Ohio State (11-0, 7-0 Big Ten) 21, at Wisconsin (7-4, 4-3 Big Ten) 14 - (OT)
Nov. 17, 2012
Camp Randall Stadium - Madison, Wis.
- The win clinches the 2012 Big Ten Leaders Division Championship outright for the Buckeyes.
- Ohio State remains just one of four unbeaten teams in the FBS (Oregon, Kansas State and Notre Dame).
- The 11-0 start by the Buckeyes is the best mark since 2006 team that went 12-0 in the regular season.
- Ohio State is 13-9 after an off week all-time and has won five consecutive overall. They are 7-5 vs. Big Ten teams after off weeks.
Head Coach Urban Meyer
- Meyer moves to 11-0 in his first season at Ohio State, tying Earle Bruce for the second-best start in program history (11-0 in 1979). Carol Widdoes went 9-0 in 1944 and eventually won his first 12 games.
- The win marks the 12th consecutive for Meyer overall dating to his final 2010 season at Florida.
- Meyer's teams are 33-2 after an open week in his head coaching career and have now won 12 consecutive (includes season openers, after "off" weeks and bowl games).
- Ohio State leads the all-time series with Wisconsin, 55-17-5, and leads 25-10-2 in games played in Madison.
- The Buckeyes are 4-2 vs. the Badgers after an off week in the previous five games.
- Saturday's game marked the first game of the series to go into overtime; the Buckeyes' last overtime game was Oct. 20, 2012 against Purdue, a 29-22 win for the Scarlet and Gray.
- With 145 total yards of offense (97 passing, 48 rushing), Braxton Miller became the third different Buckeye to record at least 3,000 yards of total offense in a season (Hoying 3,290 in 1995; Germaine 3,247 in 1998). Miller now has (3,064) yards of total offense.
- Miller also became the third different Big Ten QB to rush for at least 1,200 yards in a season.
- Miller needs one more 300 yard game of total offense to set an OSU record. He has five now, tying Joe Germaine.
- Carlos Hyde rushed for 87 yards and scored 2 TDs. He has rushed for 666 yards and has scored 14 TDs in his last six games.
- Ryan Shazier went over 100 tackles for this season finishing the game with 12. Saturday's game marked his sixth game of the season with 10 or more tackles, while his fourth quarter forced fumble was his third forced fumble of the season and fifth of his career.
- John Simon recorded 4.0 TFLs, moving him into 8th place on the all-time Ohio State TFL list. Simon also tied a career-high with four sacks matching the number he had against Illinois Oct 15, 2011.
- Bradley Roby's crucial fourth quarter pass breakup was his 17th pass breakup of the season and the 23rd of his career.
- Christian Bryant's fumble recovery for three yards in the fourth quarter was the first of his career.
- Ohio State's defense has allowed just 5 TDs in the past 13 quarters of play.
- Corey Brown returned a punt 68 yards for a TD in the first quarter, his second of the season.
Buckeyes in the NFL - Divisional Round