Postgame Notes From Ohio State at California
Sept. 14, 2013
Recap | Notes |
Box Score | Box Score | Photo Gallery
Highlights | /Buckeyes | @OhioStAthletics | @Brutus_Buckeye
OHIO STATE FOOTBALL POSTGAME NOTES
No. 4/3 Ohio State 52, at California 34
Memorial Stadium - Berkeley, Calif.
Sept. 14, 2013
Attendance: 62,467 (sellout)
- With the win, Ohio State extends the nation's longest winning streak to 15 games - the fifth longest streak in school history. The longest is 22 games from 1967-69.
- The Buckeyes, playing in Berkeley for the first time since 1972, are now 58-26-2 all-time vs. current members of the Pac-12 Conference and 7-1 vs. California.
- Ohio State scored 52 points, marking the first time Ohio State has scored at least 40 points in three consecutive games since 2005 when it scored 40 or more in four consecutive games.
- Urban Meyer improved his career record to 45-4 in games played in August/September. Meyer is now 3-0 all-time in his coaching career vs. Cal.
- Ohio State totaled a season-high 608 total yards and had seven plays from scrimmage of at least 20 yards. 578 at Indiana in 2012 is the high under Urban at OSU.
- Senior QB Kenny Guiton made the first start of his career Saturday.
- Guiton passed for a career-high 276 yards on 21-of-32 throwing with four TD passes.
- On Ohio State's second offensive play, Guiton hooked up with junior WR Devin Smith for a 90-yard TD pass - the longest play from scrimmage in program history. It also marks the longest pass play for an Urban Meyer-coached team.
- Smith totaled a career-high 149 yards receiving on three catches. He had TD catches of 90 and 47 yards, both coming in the first quarter, and his 149 yards marks the third 100-yard receiving game of his career.
- Senior RB Jordan Hall recorded the third 100-yard rushing game of his career with 168 yards on 30 carries and three TDs.
- Freshman RB Dontre Wilson recorded season highs in carries (5), rushing yards (59) and longest rush (26).
- Freshman DE Joey Bosa made his first career start Saturday. He totaled seven tackles on the day.
- Junior LB Ryan Shazier recorded 12 tackles to go along with one sack. He had a career high 10 solo tackles.
- Senior DB Christian Bryant recorded his second career interception. His first came in last season's meeting with Cal in Columbus.
- Ohio State scored a season-high 24 points in the first quarter. The Buckeyes are now outscoring the opposition 68-14 in the first quarter this season.
Patriot Week: Day Three Recap
Patriot Week: Day Two Recap
Patriot Week: Day One Recap
Teammates Remember Chico Nelson