Four Buckeyes earn first team All-Big Ten honors on the offensive side of the ball; six total honored
Highlights from the past week in Ohio State Athletics
Junior quarterback within reach of multiple Ohio State touchdown records
Ohio State's 2015 seniors on the cusp of 50 victories
The Buckeyes return home to The 'Shoe for Senior Day against the #9 Michigan State Spartans.
The Buckeyes travel to Piscataway, NJ for the first time to take on the Rutgers Scarlet Knights on October 24, 2015.
Ohio State takes on Maryland in their Big Ten home opener on Homecoming weekend.
Photos from No. 1 Ohio State's game with the Northern Illinois Huskies on September 19th, 2015.
- Game Day Magazine Feature (Sept. 15, 2012) - Just A Game
- Game Day Magazine Feature (Oct. 26, 2013) - Learning Curve
2013 Season (Junior): Miller was named the Chicago Tribune's Most Valuable Player and thus earned the coveted Silver Football trophy as the Big Ten's MVP for the second consecutive year ... he threw for 2,094 yards and 24 touchdowns and rushed for an additional 1,068 yards and 12 scores, and was the first repeat winner of the Silver Football in 24 years ... Miller also repeated in 2013 as both the Big Ten's Griese-Brees Quarterback of the Year and the Graham-George Offensive Player of the Year ... he directed a record-smashing Ohio State offense flawlessly and to national rankings of fifth in rushing (308.6 ypg), third in scoring (45.5), seventh in total offense (511.9 ypg) and 10th in pass efficiency (158.8 rating) ... the offense shattered school single season records for points scored (637), touchdowns (87) and touchdown passes (38), and it scored the third-most rushing touchdowns in school history (45) ... Miller lead the Big Ten and was 13th nationally in passing efficiency (158.1) and he finished ninth in the 2013 Heisman Trophy voting ... he accounted for five touchdowns in the win over Michigan (three rushing and two TD passes) to tie a personal best ...he rushed for 100-or more yards five times ... he tied a career high with four touchdown passes in the win over Wisconsin to earn Big Ten player of the week honors ... he rushed for 144 yards with two flying, head-first touchdowns, and he passed for 160 yards and two more scores to power the Buckeyes to a 42-0 lead over Indiana and an eventual 42-14 victory ... he rushed for 184 yards and one touchdown -- a 70-yard run just 36 seconds into the game -- and threw for 150 yards and two scores in the Buckeyes' 60-35 win over Illinois ... he was 22 of 27 passing for 222 yards and two TDs, plus 102 rushing yards, in the win vs. Iowa ... accounted for five TDs vs. Penn State and threw for a career-high 252 yards in less than three quarters and was named Big Ten player of the week ... missed nearly three full games after injuring his knee during the first series of the San Diego State game that caused him to miss the rest of that game and the next two.
2012 Season (Sophomore): Miller ran, passed and lead the Buckeyes to just the sixth unbeaten, untied season in school history -- 12-0 -- with a school-record 3,310 yards of total offense ... he was fifth in the Heisman Trophy voting, and he was a finalist for the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award (along with Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel and Kansas State's Collin Klein) and the Manning Award (one of 10) ... he threw for 2,039 yards and 15 touchdowns and rushed for a school-quarterback record (and second-most in Big Ten history) 1,271 yards and 13 touchdowns ... he was named the Chicago Tribune Big Ten Conference MVP and awarded its Silver Football ... also was named the Big Ten's Graham-George Offensive Player of the Year, joining Eddie George, Orlando Pace, Joe Germaine and Troy Smith as Ohio State honorees, and he was awarded the conference's Griese-Brees Quarterback of the Year award as well ... he ranked second in the Big Ten in total offense (275.8 ypg), fourth in rushing (and 24th nationally at 105.9 ypg) and fourth in passing efficiency ... had a high game of 249 yards passing (vs. Cal) and he had seven 100-yard rushing games with a school quarterback record 186 yards vs. Nebraska (2012) ... also had 161 yards rushing vs. Miami and 149 vs. Indiana ... set a school-record with five games of 300-or-more yards of total offense, topped by a 390-yard effort vs. Cal that netted him Big Ten player of the week honors ... perhaps the best Braxton Miller note from Ohio State's undefeated 2012 campaign: he led the team to a touchdown EVERY TIME the Buckeyes needed one most:
- After 10-win Central Florida tied the score at 10-all, Miller scored from the 6 with 15 seconds to play in the first half of a game the Buckeyes would win, 31-16;
- Miller rallied the Buckeyes twice vs. Cal; after trailing, 21-20, in the fourth quarter (TD pass to Jake Stoneburner) and again after Cal tied the score at 28-all, hitting Devin Smith with a 72-yard score with 3:26 left to play;
- He drove Ohio State for scores after Alabama-Birmingham took a 9-0 lead and again after UAB led 12-7; Miller's 12-yard TD run gave Ohio State the lead for good, 14-12, in the 29-15 win;
- Miller found Devin Smith in stride for a 63-yard touchdown moments after 20th-ranked Michigan State went up 13-10 late in the third quarter;
- After 20th-ranked Nebraska went up 17-7 in the second quarter, Miller exploded on a 72-yard rush to the Cornhusker 3 that set up a Carlos Hyde score, the first of four consecutive OSU TDs;
- He burst 67 yards for a touchdown after Indiana had closed to within 24-17, and he led a TD drive after IU came to within 31-24 in the third quarter;
- After Purdue led, 6-0, Miller scored on an 8-yard run, and after Purdue led, 13-7, he directed an 80-yard TD drive;
- After Penn State led, 7-0, late in the first half, Miller's 33-yard gain set OSU up first-and goal and the team converted, and after PSU closed to within 14-10, Miller scored on a highlight-reel touchdown from the 1 to give OSU a 21-10 lead on the way to a 35-23 road win in front of more than 107,000;
- Miller rushed for 12 of the 25 yards during the overtime drive for a TD against Wisconsin; and
- Two series after Michigan took a 14-10 lead, Miller connected with Corey Brown on an 18-yard touchdown pass play to put the Buckeyes up, 17-14, in a game the Buckeyes would win, 26-21.
More on Braxton: Miller was a highly-regarded quarterback who led Wayne High to the 2010 Division I state title game ... he passed for 2,167 yards and 17 TDs, and rushed for 658 yards 17 more TDs as a senior for Coach Jay Minton ... had a career record of 31-7 as a starting quarterback ... Ohio Mr. Football finalist and first team all-state ... Under Armour All-American game ... basketball letterman ... the son of Kelly and Kevin Miller ... youngest of three siblings (Brion and Bailey) ... has a young son, Landon ... enrolled at Ohio State in January 2009.
BRAXTON MILLER MAJOR AWARDS & HONORS
2013 - Chicago Tribune Big Ten MVP (Silver Football Award)
2013 - Big Ten Graham-George Offensive Player of the Year
2013 - Big Ten Griese-Brees Quarterback of the Year
2013 - All-Big Ten (coaches and media)
2012 - Chicago Tribune Big Ten MVP (Silver Football Award)
2012 - Big Ten Graham-George Offensive Player of the Year
2012 - Big Ten Griese-Brees Quarterback of the Year
2012 - All-Big Ten (media)
2012 - Finalist for Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award
2011 - Big Ten Thompson-Randle El Freshman of the Year
2011 - National Freshman of the Year (CFB Performance Awards)
BRAXTON MILLER IN THE RECORD BOOKS
Career Records In Reach...
MILLER'S CAREER PASSING STATS
MILLER'S CAREER RUSHING STATS
MILLER'S CAREER TOTAL OFFENSE STATS
Most Comp............................. 22 vs. Iowa (10/19/13)
Most Attempts........................ 30 vs. California (9/15/12)
Most Yds Passing................... 252 vs. Penn State (10/26/13)
Most TD passes...................... 4 (3x) last at Purdue (11/2/13)
Longest Completion................ 72/TD (2x) last at Penn State (10/27/12)
Most Yds. Rushing................. 186 vs. Nebraska (10/6/12)
Most Rushing Attempts.......... 27 vs. UCF (9/8/12)
Longest Rush.......................... 81 (TD) vs. Indiana (11/5/11)
Most rushing TDs................... 3 (2x) last at Michigan (11/30/13)
Total Offense.......................... 368 vs. Miami, Ohio (9/1/12)
Kendall Sheffield: Cleats & Spikes