Postgame Notes From No. 25 Ohio State vs. Iowa State
Dec. 18, 2005
Recap | Box Score | Photo Gallery
* Ohio State is now 4-0 all-time vs. Iowa State and 21-23 against teams representing the Big 12 Conference. The Buckeyes have defeated the last two Big 12 teams they've faced, Texas Tech in 2004-05 and Iowa State. Both games were won on neutral courts.
* After using three different starting lineups the first three games of the season, Ohio State has stayed with the same starting five in each of the last five games.
* Ohio State starts out 7-0 for the first time since the 1990-91 season. Ohio State started 17-0 that year. The Buckeyes have started 7-0 or better nine times in history.
* The Buckeyes have grabbed at least 30 total rebounds every game this season.
* Ohio State has held opponents under 50 percent shooting the entire season.
* Terence Dials scored 14 points to give him 1,159 for his career, good for the No. 28 spot all time at Ohio State. He also had seven rebounds to increase his career total to 667. He needs just 33 to become the 12th Buckeye to reach the 700-rebound plateau.
* Je'Kel Foster scored a career high 28 points on 9 of 12 shooting from the field and 6 of 8 from 3-point range. He also knocked down all four of his foul shots.
* With 13 points in the game, Ron Lewis has scored 10-plus points in all seven games this season.
* Jamar Butler was credited with five assists and has dished out 19 in the last three games. He reached 100 for his Buckeye career.
* The Buckeyes now are 16-2 when Je'Kel Foster hits three or more 3-pointers and 16-1 when he reaches 10 or more points. Foster tied his career high with 6 made treys vs. the Cyclones.
* Ohio State knocked down 10 of 22 3-point attempts to give the Buckeyes four-consecutive games with at least 10 made 3s, setting a school record. Ohio State is 26-5 all-time when making 10 or more 3-pointers in a game.
No. 8 Maryland Next Up for Buckeyes