- Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- 2017-18 Schedule
- Ticket Information
- Ohio State Notes
- William & Mary Notes
- Big Ten Stats
- Jackson Press Conference
- Holtmann Press Conference
Ohio State Buckeyes (7-3, 2-0) vs. William & Mary Tribe (6-2)
|Date:||Dec. 9, 2017|
|Site:||Value City Arena (19,049)|
|Game Time:||12:01 p.m. ET|
|Talent:||Tim Tully (Play-By-Play)
Hanna Williford (Expert Analysis)
Jacob Jarvis (Guest Analyst)
Caroline Rice (Sideline)
|Radio:||OSU-IMG Sports Network (63 stations)|
|Satellite Radio:||Sirius 135/ XM 195|
|Radio Talent:||Paul Keels (Play-By-Play)
Ron Stokes (Expert Analysis)
Starting Five, Plus One
• The family of junior Keita Bates-Diop is working to give back after Kai, Keita's younger brother, suffered cardia arrest and was revived by athletic trainers last year at a high school practice. The family is working to raise funds for organizations to purchase automated external defibrillators (AED), a devise used by University High School (Bloomington, Ill.) athletic trainers Maddie Biehl and Emily Martz, to revive Kai last February. Read more at http://www.go.osu.edu/KBDFamily.
• The Big Ten games last weekend were scheduled to accommodate the Big Ten Tournament at Madison Square Garden in New York Feb. 28-March 4, a week earlier than normal. Ohio State has played a league game earlier than the games this weekend. The Buckeyes and Penn State played Nov. 20, 1998 because a suitable date during the traditional conference season was not available that year.
• Evan Turner, who was Ohio State’s 38th Hall of Fame inductee a season ago, was recognized Sept. 9 during Ohio State’s matchup with Oklahoma on the gridiron for his donation of $500,000 to the men’s basketball program. The donation will be used for graphics and to name the hallway outside the men’s basketball practice facility. Turner was the National Player of the Year in college basketball in 2010 and was the No. 2 pick in the NBA Draft that year (Philadelphia).
• Keita Bates-Diop opened the season with three-consecutive double-doubles (10+Pts/10+Rebs) vs. Robert Morris, Radford and Texas Southern. Bates-Diop has 12 career D-Ds and six this season after recording a pair in Portland at the PK80 event and then most recently at Wisconsin.
• Keita-Bates Diop reached 400 rebounds for his career with seven vs. Clemson…he’s averaging 9.9 boards a game this season with 99 caroms in 10 games…Jae’Sean Tate reached 1,200 career points with 16 at Wisconsin (1,227)…he’s averaging 13.3 points a game this season and 11.7 ppg. for his career...he passed Ohio State great John Havlicek on the career scoring list with 16 points against Michigan the last time out…Tate ranks No. 35 all-time in career scoring behind Larry Siegfried (1,228) and Ron Stokes (1,240).
33. Ronnie Stokes 1,240
34. Larry Siegfried 1,228
35. Jae'Sean Tate 1,227
36. John Havlicek 1,223
C.J. Jackson has seven games this season with 10 or more points, including six in the last seven games…he tallied a career-high 23 points vs. Stanford at PK80 before a 19-point effort vs. Butler Nov. 26.
• Tate is one of just four players in the NCAA this season to make every field goal attempt in a game in which they took double-digit shots after connecting on all 10 field goal attempts vs. Northeastern...Tate is 10th nationally in field goal percentage (.554) among players 6-4 or shorter...Tate 24th nationally and second among Power 5 conference players 6-4 or shorter with 6.2 rebounds per game...Keita Bates-Diop is tied for fifth nationally with six double-doubles.
For more on the Buckeyes, click on the Ohio State Notes link above.
Non-Conference Schedule Set for 2018-19
Jackson Set to Lead in 2018-19
Buckeye Breakdown | C.J. Jackson