COLUMBUS, Ohio - No. 14 Ohio State, behind 14 points and eight boards from Keita Bates-Diop and 18 points and seven rebounds from Kaleb Wesson, topped Iowa 82-64 Saturday night at Value City Arena. The Buckeyes, now alone atop the Big Ten, sit at 22-5 overall and 13-1 in conference play.
What They're Saying - Chris Holtmann, Ohio State head coach
On the sellout crowd for the matchup against the Hawkeyes
"We talked about it. Just because it's a home game, listen, we have one home game left. I want to give Buckeye Nation a ton of credit for the turnout. What an incredible crowd. I know our players appreciate it. We didn't have quite the suspense in this one like we have in the past games and I'm not going to really apologize for that."
- The sellout crowd of 18,809 against the Hawkeyes was the first sellout since March 9, 2014, a 69-67 victory over Michigan State.
- The Buckeyes are now 77-75 all-time against Iowa.
- The 18-point margin of victory marked the 15th time this season the Buckeyes have won a game by double digits.
- Ohio State's starters outscored Iowa's starting five 60-36.
- Ohio State improve to 17-2 when outrebounding its opponent and 21-1 when shooting better from the field.
- The Buckeyes had five players score in double figures against the Hawkeyes.
- Chris Holtmann won his 22nd game of the season, building on his record for most wins in Ohio State history (22) in his first season as coach of the Buckeyes. Thad Matta won 20 (20-12) games in 2005 and Gary Williams won 20 (20-13) in his first season in Columbus in 1987.
- Keita Bates-Diop scored 14 points to move into the 41st spot on the Ohio State career scoring list with 1,138 points.
- Jae'Sean Tate scored 11 points to climb into a tie for 23rd on the Buckeyes' career scoring list with Paul Ebert at 1,436 points.
- Kaleb Wesson scored 18 points against the Hawkeyes, one shy of his career high. Wesson went 8-for-11 from the free throw line, setting career highs for attempts and makes.
No. 8 Ohio State Falls at Penn State
Looking Back at Buckeyes/Hawkeyes